1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatiblity with DP34

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jdeitchler, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jdeitchler

jdeitchler Mentor

Oct 10, 2005
    I have 3 DP34 switches cascaded, to yield 12 outputs to feed receivers. My VIP922 recently died and I replaced with with the XiP813. My VIP922 was taking in two of the 12 aformentioned feeds. When I connect the Xip813 to where the VIP922 was at, I cannot get the "check switch" to test out properly. The X813 has only one connection on the rear (was there supposed to be some other pigtail included in the box?). I have tried both of the old VIP922 connections and I get the same results on the XiP813. Thoughts? Cannot recall specifically what model of dish I have on the roof.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Hopper dosen't play well with other DISH systems it uses different technology. You need single or dual nodes to connect the hopper and DISH only allows 1 211 receiver on a hopper system. Take your hopper back and get another 922.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The Hopper needs the a wide range of frequencies to work properly, it is designed to work with DPP equipment. It should not work correctly with the DP34.

4. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    As others have said you need a DPP switch for the Hopper to work. Replace one of your switches with a DPP33 or DPP44 and you will also need a Solo Node to make it work as well.