1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete install ? need to know

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by AnnD, May 16, 2013.

1. AnnD

AnnD New Member

May 16, 2013
    usa
    well first I would like to say hello to everyone since I am new here, I want to do what many might think a unethical practice and if so, please do not get upset with me.

I would like to install a new direc tv system and share a family members existing box, Yes I know , what your about to say but I dont have all the excess cash that direc tv wants from me for years to come.

I have some knowledge and pretty good and installing things like this, the box they have is the newer H25 HD box and I want to install the dish, I've seen it done but truthfully not sure what to buy for the dish unit. I've done some reading any watched youtube videos on it. I was told I can do some shopping online at amazon , ebay and other places to buy the needed dish and supplies for the project.

What pointers could some of you give me on this ?

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    You will not get any pointers on stealing satellite service here. It is not only against DirecTV's TOS it is against this forums rules to talk about this type thing. IT is also illegal with federal prison sentence possible!!!!!

3. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    You would want a slimline 3 and the H25 requires a SWM. Keep in mind what you are wanting to do is signal fraud and can land you in prison. Don't live outside your means. If you can't afford it, you probably shouldn't have it. Definitely not worth going to prison for 5-7 years is it?

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Unfortunately, what you seek to do is against DirecTV policy, and therefore is not permitted discussion by this forum.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'd like to "buy" my car tires on the Penske account but that's probably not going to happen either.

6. AnnD

AnnD New Member

May 16, 2013
    usa
    Oh ok then.. thank you