1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component out to two monitors

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by johnrobn, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnrobn

johnrobn New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Hello
    I have 2 hdtv monitors that I want serviced by the HR10-250. Would someone know if the following would work? Start with the component out on the HR10-250; send signal to HDTV video distribution amp (see Http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=HDDA1); send component signals to both monitors; send digital audio (toslink) to one monitor, send stereo audio from audio out jacks of HR10-250 to second monitor.

I am concerned that the audio out jacks will be disabled if I use the digital audio jack at the same time; Will a component video distributor work with the HR 250?

Thanks for any help!!!

Johnrobn

2. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Let's see, if I were doing this, I would modify my one monitor for High impedance component input and then use T-barrel BNC connections to "loop Through" the component signals and leave the 75 ohm termination active on the end of the line monitor. This is how we do component to multiple monitors in the edit suite and I have done this with my old CRT FPTV in the home theater. But if you don't understand this approach or want to modify the input impedance of your monitor ( if it doesn't have loop thru you will need to get in on the PCB and snip the 3 - 75 ohm termination resistors) then using the DA would be a way to do the same thing, just much more expensive.

Thje audio route you suggested should work fine as I am using that now on my 921 and DTC-100 to feed a separate amp for out door speakers.

3. wcjulyan

wcjulyan New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Yes, it works fine. I use an Audio Authority 985U component distribution amp to feed the component video to two different HDTV's. The analog audio outputs continue to work when you are using the Toslink output, so there should be no problem doing what you suggest. I use a Radio Shack Toslink/coax converter ($15) to give me an additional digital audio output so I can have digital audio in both locations.

4. johnrobn

johnrobn New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I am going forward and buying the hr10-250, due in part to your assistance.
    Best wishes
    Johnrobn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.