1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuration questions

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mr_mark95, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mark95

mr_mark95 Cool Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I have read for a couple of days but wanted some input to see if I am correct with my configuration needs.

I have eight TVs in the new house.

I have three main areas that will contain 2 TVs each. For those areas I think I need three dual mode receivers. I need one main coax coming to each of the three receivers from the dish. I then need two from each of the three receivers to the six TVs.

The 7th and 8th TV will just be used from splitters where I will share the signal with another TV.

I do not have HD locals in my area. One of the receivers will be HD. I will get an outside HDTV antenna and connect to OTA on the receivers. I have another coax coming from outside to each receiver.

The question I have is:

From the antenna do I just need three coax to each of the dual receivers? Will that allow all six TVs to get the locals. That will save me from having to purchase the locals through Dish if possible.

Any other problems with my config?

Thanks in advance.

2. Gilitar

Gilitar Legend

Jul 31, 2004
    Sorry I can't help with the setup. However, if you want to have a program guide for you locals HD OTA you will need to subscribe to the locals. Hopefully someone else can help you with the rest.

3. mr_mark95

mr_mark95 Cool Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Thanks for the information. I was not aware of that.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The OTA signals can be split off of one line. I have one line split off to two HD receivers and a dvd recorder with a digital tuner.

5. John79605

John79605 Legend

Feb 9, 2007
    You didn't mention whether you intend to lease or purchase. When I signed up I didn't really want to pay for locals but they said the only way to subscribe with no locals was to purchase my equipment. I'm now leasing and I have locals through Dish and I guess it does beat rabbit ears and rooftop yagis which I used for decades.

6. mr_mark95

mr_mark95 Cool Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I will be leasing. I want the antenna so I can get HD locals which are not available in my area through Dish yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.