1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Configure every morning

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Al Fischer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    New user. new to Dish and of course new 722k.

Every morning when I turn on the 722k I get a message to configure and to press and hold 0 on the remote. I do as instructed. Message goes away.

Next morning it does the same thing. How do I resolve this?

2. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Try selecting "cancel" next time you get the message. This should prevent the message from appearing again.

3. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    I'll try that the next time the msg comes up. But what could be wanting configuration? It was set up last week by the installer and everything seems to work.

4. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    This is a backup feature on your receiver. Have you tried to unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds to have the receiver reboot? You should not get this message each morning. You should have software version L7.50. Please let me know if this continues after rebooting. Thanks.

5. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    OK. Thanks. Will unplug and wait for tomorrow.

6. denmarks

denmarks New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    I had the exact same problem. Box was installed on Monday. Received the message on Tuesday and followed instructions. Same message appeared on Wednesday and I selected do not ask again. It did not ask on Thursday (today).

7. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    Yesterday, (Thursday) I unplugged the rcvr. Plugged it back in and when it booted up I got the 'configure' msg. Hit cancel and used the rcvr all evening. This morning the msg did not come up. Either re-boot or cancel did it.

If it comes up again I'll post.

8. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    This morning did not get the message. Looks like one of the two actions fix this annoyance. Thanks.