1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicting messages & Cannot log into DirecTV apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by sangs, Aug 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    So here's the setup - I have an HR34, HR24, H25 and two C31s. Strong sat signals, Whole Home DVR/sharing - all working well. The problems:

-- Under "System Info" on each machine it reads they are connected to the internet;
    -- However, on the Directv.com website, it reads they are NOT connected to the internet;
    -- I am unable to log into my Directv apps on iPhone and iPad. I get a message saying "Wrong e-mail address/password combination" which is incorrect, since I can log into Directv.com just fine with that combination;
    -- Although I can log into Directv.com, I am unable to schedule any recordings from Directv.com;
    -- I have reset the DVR/STB/Clients and refreshed them from the Directv.com website;
    -- I have contacted customer service via e-mail and they claim that "Directv is aware of the problems and are working to fix them."

Anybody else experiencing this? I've seen threads about being unable to see a receiver from the Directv apps, however I cannot even sign into the Directv apps. And the conflicting connected to the internet/not connected to the internet messages are just very confusing. (I am able to download On Demand programming btw.) Any help is appreciated.

2. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Well after posting I found a LONG thread about this exact issue over at the Directv.com technical forums. Seems I'm not alone. Wonderful.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?/topic/206920-Deactivated-Receivers-Listed-in-Apps---Issues/Discussion

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Thanks for the link The Merg, but that seems to be a different issue in that thread. I'm not even being allowed to log into my Directv mobile apps - along with HBO GO - using my account e-mail/password.

5. dszkola

dszkola New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Same thing here:

Had an HD-DVR, SD-DVR, and HR recevier. Recently upgraded our last SD television
    to HD and wanted to replace the SD-DVR and get the whole home DVR working. They
    installed an HR44 and two C41s. It took some time, but the Internet apps (Pandora, YouTube,
    etc.) finally showed up and I tried them and they work. The HR44 says it is connected to the Internet.

On my DTV account, it says receiver is NOT connected to the Internet. The Android mobile app
    on my phone and tablet says for any channel I try to record or stream:

This channel is not included in your subscription. Please call...

Also, the receiver is not showing up in the settings.

I called this morning before I found this thread and talked to a guy there. He says they've had numerous calls on this issue and the problem is on their end.

6. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
  7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Hey guys,

Post in the other thread here so we can keep them all together. DirecTV knows the issue exists and is trying to figure out the cause/solution.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

8. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    DirecTV has made some progress on this issue but they are not out of the wood yet.