1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Confused about On Demand

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by champion6, Aug 18, 2013.

1. champion6

champion6 Cool Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I did some searching, but can't find an answer.

I have a Hopper and I want to download an On Demand free movie. How long do I have before it "disappears" from my hard drive?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I thought most movies indicate this when you are ordering them... Most should be 30 days until you first start watching them, then 24 hours after you start watching. Technically it may stay on the hard drive a little longer than that, but you can't watch it any more without re-purchasing.

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Most of the free movies have 30 day expirations from what I've seen and that clock starts when you download it I think.

Pay movies and shows are different though.

4. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]When ordering a Free VOD movie, it will last for 30 days. If you were to order a VOD that cost, you will have 24-48 hours after you have started to watch it before it will expire.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]