1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused bout choosing the dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lastsoul, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastsoul

lastsoul New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I am new to all this stuff.I wanna get a dish.but i am confused about which one to get.i am thinking of either get superdish 121 or dish 500/1000+.I just wanna know which one is better.Also is it true that u need a separate dish for international programming if u have dish 500/1000+.Do i also get HD programmes with that.Which one is easier to install.Do they work on any reciever?

2. PTown

PTown Legend

Aug 18, 2007
    When you signup for your package they will install the correct dish for the programming you order.

3. lastsoul

lastsoul New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I am sorry but i forgot to mention that i am not signing up dish network.This is gonna be all done by me.I am installing everything by myself.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You can use this link to see what's on which sat location, keep in mind you will not get a usable signal for 129 in NJ. All HD and international programing on that satellite is mirrored on other sats so don't worry about getting that one.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

And Ptown is right, Dish will set up your dish(es) for what you need and it will not cost anything extra to what you may already be paying. Real good idea to let Dish do it as opposed to trying to set up a dish yourself.

5. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    You can get an overview of the dishes at EKB: Dish Types, but as previously stated, the decision is really driven primarily by the programming you want and secondarily by your location (no 129 in some areas).

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The question is WHY? If you are not signing up for DishNetwork why do you want to use the equipment? The Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus lnb and switch are not compatable with a lot of the other providers and if you are using Dish receivers without service, you will only get a couple of channels, most of which are demos.

If you are wanting to hack Dish's system, that talk is not allowed here and we do not want to help you steal service.

7. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    What do you think you will receive with a Superdish 121?:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.