1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats Pack

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Earl Bonovich, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Congrats to the Pack and their fans...

I want to go downtown right now and inflict bodly harm on Martz...
    He had to get fancy with that stupid WR Reverse on 3rd and 4...

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    That was a bad play call

Congrats Packer fans

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    And apologies to those that might have actually been using their DVR's and weren't quite caught up to live yet when they saw this thread title.

4. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    With a 4th & 4 and a young QB, why didn't Martz have something short called to help Hanie?

BTW, my wife is a Packer fan so she's happy. I'm just wondering about those last two play calls.

5. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    The 4th and 4.. you could have called just about anything at that point, as the pack knew they wouldn't run it straight up.

It was teh 3rd and 3 that blew it.... run it down the middle, worse it would be is a 4th and 2, maybe 1....

Oh well...
    At least it turned out to be a game.... someone had to lose, just wish it wasn't my team...

6. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Congratulations to the Packers!

7. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Those first two TD by GB were very questionable if you ask me.

8. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Earl's Keys to the Game:

#1 - Cutler OverThrow to Hester, which would have made the game 7-7
    #2 - GreenBay D holding Bears to no points till the 4th Qtr
    #3 - Bears D holding GreenBay to only 14 first half points, when GreenBay spent most of the game in Chicago Territory
    #4 - Cutler Injury, and not able to return especially haver Urlacher Interception...
    #5 - Martz getting to cute at the end.

9. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    If you're reading DBSTalk and not watching the playoffs live then you probably don't care that much about football.

10. codespy

codespy Ted- Get some free agents NOW!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I was at Lambeau 3 years ago when the Giants beat us in the NFC Champ. with the temps below zero at the end of the game. It sucked, so I know what the Bears are going thru right now.

It was a hard faught game, and our defense saved our offense. Aaron was not all that sharp, but he will do better in Dallas.

Congrads to the Bears on a great season, and yes the Peppers hit was helmet to helmet. Looks like Cutler's toughness is being questioned on the NFL Network as we speak.

Time for another Miller Lite to Celebrate!

11. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Of course it is...

Because he stayed on the sidelines... even though from what we are hearing on local radio, it was the trainers that pulled him... not Cutler saying that he couldn't go.

12. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Earl - you're a class act as always. ;)

I sat with 3 Bears fans watching the game, and it was remarkably civil and good.

Then again...the good guys won... :D

But the Bears - all but maybe Cutler - should be proud of a good season.

13. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    While I was mad and frustrated with Cutler... that all went away when I heard what happened, and why he didn't return.

Cutler should be proud of his season... given where he was last year, the way everyone attacked him this year... and at times he was running for his life this year..

He got the Bears to the NFC Championship game.... There are 27 other teams that ended their season before today....

And now he will be attacked brutally by the media for the next 48 hours... and he will disappear till July when Training camp starts, if there is a season.

14. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    I suspect you are right...he got them pretty far...but his "inner will" will be questioned all offseason by the media. I've seen it already on 3 different post-game shows.

15. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Yep... they are bandwagon jumping... given that the TRAINERS had the final say.. It makes a good story, instead of talking about how close the Packers almost lost a game they completely dominated for the first 30 minutes.

Or how Brian Urlacher had a monster game, and did everything he could to keep the Bears in the Game...

Or how a 350lb lineman, had the the 6th sense to drop off the line, go half the field to his right and get a critical pick 6....

But no... it's let's continue to attack Jay Cutler...

16. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    You forgot the part about how the Pack defense stopped the Bears at critical times all day long and almost ended anything of a ground game. :D

But yes...they'll be limited focus on the few things...and the QB tends to get the glory and take the blame in key games.

Both sides, I thought, had alot of key team plays.

17. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Re #2 in my post here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=2692305&postcount=8

However, I disagree with the holding the run game... I think Martz screwed the pooch and stopped running... when he should have, as Forte was having some success.

18. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    You limit technology so that one can't do both? I have Google Chrome open on a 23" monitor while I watch the game courtesy DirecTV2PC on a 42" HDTV. Hope you enjoy your frequent and abundant commercials. All I ask is that you start a thread dedicated to the game prior to kickoff and keep game-related stuff in that thread so that those us not still living in the 20th Century can enjoy the game(s) spoiler-free.

19. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Honestly... seriously...

If you are even remotely on the internet now... or even right after the game, you are going to find out the score and the results.

It was IMMEDIATLY on ESPN, most news sites, facebook all over the place...

20. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    :rolleyes:

It's the playoffs.