1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connected Home Setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by pooch215, Mar 16, 2011.

1. pooch215

pooch215 New Member

May 14, 2008
    I have moved my cable modem/router into the same audio cabinet as my HD DVR. Is there a way to internet connect them without having to run another coax cable from the SWM splitter outside the house into the broadband DECA? Since they are right next to each other, I'd like to use a splitter for the existing coax line going into the HD DVR to split into the broadband deca, or put a switch on the ethernet side of the DECA going into the HD DVR and connect to the router, but don't know if either way will work.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Right behind the receiver (between the wall and the receiver's DECA), install a green 2-way splitter. One output of the splitter to the receiver DECA (or if a H24/HR24-directly to the receiver). The other output of the splitter goes to the Broadband DECA.

- Merg

3. theaterconsultant

theaterconsultant New Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Does anyone know the frequency range for the networking channel on a SWM system? All the training materials list tuner 1-8 freaquencies and the channel assignment frequency, but nothing as it pertains to networking over coax.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    In an SWM system, you need to have full bandwidth between 2MHz and 1.8GHz. DECA resides at 500-600MHz.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    525-575 MHz