1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting 2 TV's to HR24-100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jammer0910, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jammer0910

jammer0910 Cool Member

Jan 24, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I had to replace my Hughes HDVR2 (SD Tivo) so went with HD HR24-100. Previously, I connected a coax to the BR TV (old SD with only a coax input)to the coax out jack of the tivo, but the new HR doesn't have an out coax. I am wondering if I could use one of those RF modulators.
    I have been searching the posts and think I have the answer but I don't know if the HR24-100 sends out A/V signals on the composite jacks, S video, and component jacks at the same time, and if I can use them at the same time. The HDTV is an old Mitsubishi and it doesn't have HDMI input so I am using component video out for that TV. That still leaves the S video and A/V jacks free.
    I know I will have to watch the same channel on 2nd TV as the one hooked to HR.
    Thanks John M.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sort of.

Currently, all outputs are active. But, with the new user interface, the menus are only rendered at one resolution. If you try to use an HDTV and an SDTV at the same time you will get regular picture and sound on both but a nag message on the SDTV when you try to use the remote. It will encourage you to press and hold {EXIT} which will switch all your outputs, even the one to the HDTV, to 480 resolution so you can see the menu graphics.

3. jammer0910

jammer0910 Cool Member

Jan 24, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Would an RF modulator work for a tv in another room? I guess it takes the A/V jacks or S video and outputs it on coax and then at the other end I just hook up the coax to TV?
    Thanks for the help

4. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    I have an RF modulator attached to HR24 which sends audio and video via coax to the second floor TV. This works great. You do have to adjust the DVR to 480p. Another option is DirecTV2PC which connects with the intra-network. It will let you watch recorded video from your DVR on your PC or an attached HD or SD TV.