1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Connecting HR23 and H23 to existing setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by psczbug, Feb 26, 2011.

1. psczbug

psczbug New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Hi all.

Got great deal from DTV for additional receivers, unfortunately received HR23 and H23 instead of new receivers. Oh well, these are for secondary rooms.

My Question. Do I need Deca boxes for these recievers to connect them to my whole home setup. My current setup. SWIM DISH, Deca box connected to SWIM Splitter and my network, HR 24 and H24 units connected to SWIM Splitter via coax. I do have ethernet available at all my televisions.

Thanks.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Yes each would need a DECA to connect to the coax network.

3. psczbug

psczbug New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Thanks. I will call DTV and get them to send me 2 DECA boxes. Since I am not very patient, will it work (till I get DECA boxes) to have a mixed environment, DECA currently through HR24 and H24 boxes and connect HR23 directly to ethernet?

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You might be able to get them working if you connect via the router serving the DECA network. Worth a try, but it shouldn't be that long before you get the DECA from DirecTV.