1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Connecting RCA 751 to Directv mount?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rcodey, Jun 19, 2013.

1. rcodey

rcodey AllStar

May 28, 2007
    I want to connect an RCA 751 antenna to a Slimline Directv mount. The RCA connects to a mount with a standard tv antenna ubolt but the directv pole uses a larger size. Does anyone know of an adapter which can be used to connect the larger directv ubolt to the smaller holes of the RCA?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    from the picture on the link, it looks like it fits fine on the 2 OD DirecTV mast. worse case you might have to get longer bolts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0024R4B5C/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_dav

3. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Most tv antenna masts are 1,25". You may need to get new u-bolts to fit around the Directv mast and a new flange to attach it to.

4. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    m

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You don't say whether you want to install the OTA along with or in place of the SlimLine.
    Here's an install I did for a WineGard Omni-directional along with a SlimLine SWM5, mounting the OTA mast to the SlimLine mast.
    Since the OTA was tucked behind the SlimLine, I was fortunate that the 3 different towers that broadcast OTA stations, were SW, N, and E, so that the dish itself did not block any of the OTA channel signals.
    The antenna is a Low VHF & High VHF/UHF non-powered version connected by one side of the 175' dual coax to the PI (no amp).
    The towers are ~30-35 miles, and all the OTA signal strengths are in the 95-100 range.
    It's a $35-$40 range antenna, which is compact and has performed flawlessly.
    Would recommend it to anyone with similar requirements.

WineGard OTA Install on SlimLine Mast

I like that idea. only if the DirecTV dish had monopoles and the cable ties were cut....