1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection question for HD Tivo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kmcnamara, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Is anyone connecting their HD Tivo to an RGB/5BNC display device? My projector only has 5BNC connectors for analog RGB. Does anyone know what kind of converter it would require?

Currently, I have a Dish 921 which uses a DVI-I port and therefore can output analog RGB via that port.

Thanks.

2. PanamaMike

PanamaMike AllStar

Mar 30, 2004
    I would also like to know how to connect to a vga display device. I do know it's possible to use a Component to RGB converter. These devices can run around $200.00 or so and I'm not confident they provide the best picture quality possible. Does anyone know if the HDMI can output an analog DVI signal? If not, does anyone know of a good high quality Component RGB converter that won't downgrade signal quality?

BTW, does anyone know what one has to do to get out of a dish network contract? I have the now infamous 921 and I'm pretty unhappy with the breaking of promises and bugs in the unit.

Regards,

Michael

3. goodcableguy

goodcableguy Legend

Feb 19, 2004
    There is a module made by Mitsibishi that converts Componet to 5 BNC. If you go to their web site you can find it.

4. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    That module is called the RGB-CV10. In a PDF product doc, it indicates that it will only work with Mitsubishi TV's. I wonder if this is accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.