1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Contact to request Guide changes?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jkkbishop, May 12, 2013.

1. jkkbishop

jkkbishop Cool Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Is there a good contact to ask for changes to program coding in the guide? Specifically, Formula One Pre-Race is coded as a special, so that it can't be set to record as a series. The race and F1 Extra, which always follow immediately, are both listed as Series.

Thanks!

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You would need to contact the network directly as DirecTV outsources the guide data from TMS which get the info from the network

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Have you tried to set a Series to "Episode Type : Both" so that it records every time it finds one whether it is new or old ?

If that does not work for you, have you tried finding a set of words in the title that may be unique and set it to "Auto Record" ?

4. jkkbishop

jkkbishop Cool Member

Nov 24, 2006
    @jimmie57 Thanks for the response. I forgot that I could autorecord based on a keyword search. Hopefully that will work. Without doing that, I can't set episode type to both because it's in the guide as a special. There are no series options--only episode options.

I'm trying to follow up with NBC Sports Network to get them to fix it. The races and post-race shows are all correctly coded as series.

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Interesting that Comcast Sports does not code a baseball homestand -or awaystand- as a series. I mean, how difficult would it be? Or can a Comcast customer easily set up to record a 2-4 game series, whereas we sat folks have to diddle all about?

In the meantime, can someone tell me how to set up a master search to get all Giants BB games, first run only? I.e., I've not done macros on a direcTV DVR, and I'd like a leg up from the experts.