1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuing MRV with Ethernet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tuff bob, May 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tuff bob

tuff bob Icon

Mar 4, 2007
    I've heard that the CSRs will not enable MRV on accounts unless they send out a tech and you pay $50 for equipment and that you need to contact DirecTV via Twitter to get around that. I'm not on Twitter - is that still the case or do the CSRs understand now they can enable without service call. Or is there another way to get MRV without going through Twitter?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I used the telephone.
    Look at one of the stickies at the top for more info.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    That's not totally true. If you want to use your home ethernet and have it unsupported by DirecTV....then you can have it enabled without a truck roll.

If you want to use DECA...then yes..DirecTV needs to come out.

You can call....email..or twitter.

All have ad varying degres of success w/ folks here.

5. tuff bob

tuff bob Icon

Mar 4, 2007
    I'm trying the email route. I'm sorry I didn't catch "Home Network" was Ethernet. Maybe adjust the thread title?

What am I missing - if I want to use DirecTV on Demand, I need Ethernet to the receivers anyway, so DECA doesn't really do much for me, right?

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "Not exactly".
    When you move to DECA [connected home networking] there is a DECA to router/home network bridge, for internet access and other things like media share & DirecTV2PC, etc.

7. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    We knew what you ment! :)
    VOS answered your question in that if you have an extra DECA near your router/internet you can connect that into your RG6 network and have internet, D*2PC and so on at each receiver!