1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuum and Lost Girl on SyFy

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by brucegrr, Jan 18, 2013.

1. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Just a heads up. I noticed that the new shows on SyFy, Lost Girl and Continuum have old dates on them and they don't show up as a new show.

2. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    they both are made outside the US and shown delayed in the US, so the guide data is not set to the first US air date, just change your recording to record both new & reruns

3. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up. I knew they aired in Canada a week before but it never occurred to me that the guide would have the original Canadian showing.

Updated my series manager.

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up but I am going to move this to the TV Shows forum where subs from all providers can benefit from it.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Not sure about Lost Girls but Continuum airs in Canada far more than a week before SyFy.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    This past season of Lost Girl was basically aired at the same time as in Canada, but the first season was at least 6 months behind.

- Merg

7. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Yep, I changed my Continuum series link to Both. Now I just need to avoid reading about any of the next 9 episodes online until they air, since they aired in Canada last summer.

8. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    Both shows recorded fine for me. They aired on Monday.

9. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007

I was set up to record first run only and this Monday's episode wasnt in the to-do list. After I changed it to record both, it is in there now.

10. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    In past years it has been all over the place for Lost Girl. This season so far in Canada eps 1 and 2 have already aired.

11. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    It recorded Monday as new, I see that you are a Direct TV subscriber so that might be the issue. With Dish is is recording as new.

12. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    These SyFy shows aren't the only ones that can get you in trouble if you set your DVR for "first run only".

I noticed a blurb advertising new episodes of "Holmes Inspection" on DIY. Much to my surprise, the episodes were dated 2009 in the guide! But they are indeed new and DIY is running each episode multiple times which they only do with first-run programs.