1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contract ends in a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tgoodwin, Feb 29, 2012.

1. tgoodwin

tgoodwin New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    My contract is up in a couple of weeks. I called tonight to get the specific date and was connected to the resolutions department. Immediately, I was offered $199 worth of upgrades (either change my upstairs HD to an HD-DVR or switch to whole house DVR). Also, 6 months of Starz/Encore and Showtime. She went ahead and activated the movie channels without any other commitment.

Currently, I have an HD-DVR downstairs (HR20-100) and the HD reciever (no DVR) upstairs. So, what should I ask for? What is awesome but realistic? I've been a customer for about 7 years or so without any real complaints. Much of that was off-contract.

Thanks

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's more than $200, but personally I'd try for an HR34 and whole home. Personally. I wouldn't care about the free premiums.

3. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Agreed:)

4. tgoodwin

tgoodwin New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Yeah, the movie channels didn't sway me, but I guess they are nice to have for a while. Provided there is anything on them I care to watch.

I'll check out the HR34 and see where I can get with that.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I always figure the premiums are a very cheap and easy thing for DirecTV to throw at you. It's better than say, 3 months of Game Lounge, but usually they can do better.

I also assume their first offer isn't the best one.

6. Oswald13

Oswald13 New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    How do you find out when your contract ends? I have been a member since 2007, but I bought (leased) a new receiver about 1.5 years ago. Do they automatically extend your contract when you make such a transaction?

7. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yes they do. You can call or email to find out when you 2 year agreement is up.

8. Oswald13

Oswald13 New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks for the reply!

9. tgoodwin

tgoodwin New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    If you call, just say "contact expiration date" when the automated system prompts you for your call reason, you go quickly to the resolutions department.