1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Control 722 over LAN?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ewingr, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    I have not hooked my 722 to my network. From what I understand at the moment, the only thing that brings is cabability to control it from the Dish web site. I don't have any need for that.

But I would like to be able to send commands to the DVR via IP, as opposed to the remote control. I'm currently working on a tablet app to control my other theater things, such as the Onkyo, and would like to control the 722.

Is that possible? If so, where can I find documentation for doing that?

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    www.dishonline.com already does what you are wanting to some extent.

There is also the Dish Remote Access on your My Account page @ Dishnetwork.com.

I believe Dish Already has apps for iPhone/iPad and android, too.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope. They want you do that in controllable environment, thru their web; those agency who doing ratings should pay hefty money, if the company procrastinate all control via their servers.

4. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    Being able to control the receiver over a home LAN with an iPad or laptop would be ideal.
    Doing it through the Dish website is painful - so much so I rarely do it.

5. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    The dish app for the iPad (available App Store) is pretty good. My wife likes it.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    OP want control it in HIS LOCAL LAN, not thru web.

7. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    I see. I read "currently working on" as "currently use" vs. "currently developing".

8. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    Correct. Sounds like I cannot do it.

I wonder if I can do so with the 922. I may put same post on that forum.

[EDIT]
    Well, interestingly, I downloaded the Android app to my Asus tablet, and I can control the unit. It apparently is doing it through the web, as I had to login. It's not too bad.

But of course, what I want to do is know the commands, and create my own custom interface, and control over LAN. I'll be surprised if I can do that with anything they offer.

Other devices are offering that: projectors, receivers, etc.