1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control directv receiver through network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by robphares, Jan 17, 2011.

1. robphares

robphares New Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Certain directv receivers can be controlled through the network. I created a small control program for this capability. This should work with H21 and newer receivers. It could be used for Media Center and alternative setups. If anyone wants to try it, here it is, good luck:
    I now have this hosted at another site with instructions:
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtvipcontrol/

FYI: These commands are subject to change in the future according to DirecTV

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for the contribution, and welcome.

Do a search, there are several threads about IP control, and another IP control program available on this forum (been using it for a month or two now).

3. robphares

robphares New Member

Sep 4, 2008
    I had searched and unfortunately wasn't able to locate a control program that suited my needs. IE: stand alone, windows console based, self contained .exe, that has the functionality I needed. So I created this tool. If one already exists I wasn't aware. Hope I didn't re-invent the wheel...

4. dgsiiinc

dgsiiinc AllStar

Jan 25, 2007
    The one I've seen is web-based. I think an executable suits my needs a bit better. Thanks!