1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Controlling 2 HR20-100's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by fertree, Sep 26, 2010.

1. fertree

fertree Mentor

Apr 20, 2002
    DTV offered to upgrade my HR10-250 at no charge, and sent me an HR20-100 (obviously easier to send it to me than the dump). This was sent, of course, after I was assured they haven't had any of those for awhile and there was no way I would get one. I've been looking for a thread to point me in the direction of programming my Harmony One so that I can control each unit separately, but haven't found it. Any suggestions?

On another note, the Slimline is about 150 feet from the receivers. I will now need a multiswitch, and was thinking a Zinwell. Will it support the HR10-250 as well as the HR20-100's, and will it handle a 150 foot run?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Zinwell WB68. Yes, and yes.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    First, put something in front of the "#1" receiver's IR port and set aside the Receiver 1 remote. You only need to do this to the second receiver/remote.

Menu, System, Remote Control, Advanced. Set Receiver to ID "2". Program remote for ID 2 by pressing and holding "Mute" and "Select" at the same time until the green light on the remote blinks twice. Then type "00002" on the keypad. Remote is now set on ID 2. Hit Select to continue and you're done.

4. fertree

fertree Mentor

Apr 20, 2002
    Thanks to both of you.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006