1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controlling which Hopper gets a timer

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by djlong, Jul 24, 2012.

1. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I have two Hoppers. I'd *like* to divide what gets recorded on which one in a logical fashion.

From a Joey, it doesn't appear that I can control which Hopper "gets" a particular timer. I'd been adding timers and I noticed that "The Newsroom" recorded on both Hoppers (I think I entered it twice).

Now, I can imagine that entering a timer while watching directly from a particular Hopper would put the timer on THAT Hopper. Do I have to go through the process of changing which Hopper a Joey is linked to in order to switch which Hopper "gets" a timer?

In my case, I want to put regular series episodes on one Hopper with sports, movies, concerts, etc., on the second. I was just hoping for some 'easy' way to say "Put THIS timer HERE and put THAT one THERE".

Thanks in advance. So far, I'm really liking what I have here. I just have to adapt to the new "way of being" :)

2. gregleg

gregleg AllStar

Jan 4, 2004
    Each Joey is paired to a specific Hopper -- when you create a timer from a Joey it should be created directly on that Hopper (whichever Hopper's recordings you see by default is the Hopper that Joey is paired with).

To change which Hopper it's paired with, on the Joey go into Menu/Settings/Network Setup/MOCA/Whole Home and select the Hopper you wish to set the recording on. (There's a colored-button shortcut that gets you there faster but I haven't memorized those yet :) )

3. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    yellow , blue, 4