1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

COPS Crew Member Shot During Holdup

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by SayWhat?, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/COPS-TV-show-crew-member-wounded-in-police-shootout-272881671.html

2. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    What I have not heard was whether or not the crew member was on the job riding with the police or was it just a case of wrong place, wrong time?

On a different note, I dont know if this is a reflection of the people who watch COPS or just the general viewership of KAKE-TV but here are the first two comments on the story:

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Crew member has died.

Shots that hit him were fired by police.

4. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    OK, its time to cancel this, then.

I thought it had been cancelled a decade ago. Stations I work for rerun episodes that go as far back as 1992 all of the time.

Not only is it a bad day if you end up on Cops, but the world gets to see it replayed for decades into the future. I can't stand the damned thing, especially because that dumb song gets stuck in my head (wish I held the publishing rights).

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The bad guy had a pellet gun, yet the guy standing next to a cop get shot with a bullet. They are lucky they didn't kill anyone else.

It would be easier to accept if the bullet came from the criminal's gun.

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    ^^ #5 (that I know of) in the last few months where a complete innocent is killed by police while they were shooting at someone else.

7. Tisby

Tisby AllStar

Jun 4, 2010
    What were the locations and rough dates of these? I can't believe I've completely missed 5 screw-ups.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    This is very sad......

9. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Look up Andrea Rebello, Maria Godinez, and Misty Holt-Singh for starters. I can't find names on the others right now, but one was a small child.

10. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    The Cops sound technician was wearing body armor, but the round entered under (or through?) his arm.

The sound man was entering the Wendys and the robber was trying to exit via the same door. Apparently the robber aimed his Airsoft gun at the police men and they opened up on him.

There is unreleased video of the encounter.

My understanding was the videographer entered the same door the police did, the robber attempted to exit the opposite side.

The order taker at Wendys was on local TV and was very scared of the robber, she was convinced the gun was real. She had already given him the drive thru cash and was entering her ID # on the main counter register when the shoot out occurred.

Despite a lengthy record, the robbers family is upset with how the police handled the situation.

11. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I agree.

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If the one you're thinking about an NYPD officer killing a three month old, that got around by people that didn't realize the original source was a fake news site.

13. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I can't believe that I was unaware that COPS was still on the air.
    I had a SL set up for Spike, but it just kept recording reruns and filling up my DVR.
    When and where are the new shows being aired?

14. amh84

amh84 Mentor

Apr 19, 2010
    Rio Rico,...
    Why cancel? Shootings are an unfortunate part of law enforcement but a part of the job nonetheless. This is one of the few true reality shows without any staging.