1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Copying Favorites from Hopper w/Sling to Joeys

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by barryaz1, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sep 9, 2013 #1 of 12
    barryaz1

barryaz1 AllStar

Feb 5, 2007
    I finally got around to creating my favorites Favorites (Favorites, Movies, Sports, News) and discovered that my 2 Joeys don't show these, only the default ones.

I found an old thread that copying from one to another was not possible, but is it now?

And if not, why not, as this seems that it should be easy? We can view the status on all sets and join them, we can pause and resume in another room, but do I have to actually re-enter all my custom Favorites from each Joey?

2. Sep 9, 2013 #2 of 12
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    it's no big deal to do that ... any customer would have own unique Fav lists, so the copy has no value for masses

3. Sep 9, 2013 #3 of 12
    barryaz1

barryaz1 AllStar

Feb 5, 2007
    Actually that's my point. As a family (of two in the house) there's a set of Favorites in those categories that need to be accessed from any of the three sets. So I have to set up identical lists on the two Joeys, since I originally set them up on the Hopper. I just want the Hopper Favorites to also (or a choice) be on the Joeys.

4. Sep 9, 2013 #4 of 12
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    you are the first one with the request for two years since H released - congrat :)

5. Sep 9, 2013 #5 of 12
    barryaz1

barryaz1 AllStar

Feb 5, 2007
    Actually surprised at that. Sounds like no hope, so I'd better get my spreadsheet out in front of the two Joeys :bowdown:

And of course, whenever DISH changes part of the lineup, it's back to the sets...

6. allen98311

allen98311 AllStar

Jan 18, 2006
    I would like that feature as well, it would be a lot easier to make a list once then copy it to the Joeys than it is to set them up individually. Especially with them loosing channels off the favorites list all the time!

1 person likes this.
  7. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    You'd "think" it would be easy... but I think Joeys have a mind of their own. I lose 1 local channel in my favorites at least once a month, and moves around from Hopper to Joey (a "common" favorites list would be nice). Also DVR movies that I can watch on my Hopper, sometimes say "not subscribed" when trying to watch on a Joey (even though all DVR movies is on the Hopper)... but I can log in with my Nexus 7 and watch them all.

8. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Are those "not authorized" movies stored on an external drive?

9. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Not on ext drive, just on main Hopper. Only "MoMax" movies recorded during free preview. All other free preview channels work fine on all units.

10. PhilLeone

PhilLeone New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Glen Carbon, IL
    I am looking for this toooo.. I have a hopper 3 with 4 favorite channel lists set up.... I want to copy them to my other Joes around the house..... Seem like this would be a common request...

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have done it using the remote. Back up to the remote, pair to the joey, restore.

12. SevenSixTwo

SevenSixTwo Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Couldn't you pair the Hopper remote to the joey and backup the joey from the remote?