1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correlating 2 pending orders

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by BarkingGhost, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    Morning All,

I have two orders pending to install two HD DVRs that will ultimately replace two SD DVRs. The first order currently is scheduled for 1/30/2008 (8AM-Noon), and the second order is scheduled for 1/25/2008 (8AM-Noon).

I went online and tried to changed the first order's installation date to coincide with the second order (1/25/2008 8AM-Noon). It shows that I can do this, but when I add a note to FYI the installer of two orders and try to submit the reschedule it errors out.

I tried this around 5AM EST, then again at 7AM, and just before posting this. Each time the error message tells me to call 1-888-777-2454, but the automated system doesn't recognize words like 'pending order', 'reschedule', or even 'install'.

I did have a number written down for the order support center, but misplaced it. Anyone know what that number is?

2. or270

or270 Icon

Feb 12, 2006
    Try calling your local installation company and have them combine the 2 works orders for the same time, I did it this way with Ironwood last year.

3. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Good advice. More times than not, installers receive only one of the orders and you'll be disappointed when they only show up with one receiver. Try to contact the installer to make sure they have both orders.

4. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    I do not have any information on the particular local installation company. I'm doubting the Atlanta market only has one installation company, but I suppose it could happen. Still, without a telephone number I cannot call.

I sent an email to D* and they supposedly sent it to someone to look at.

5. or270

or270 Icon

Feb 12, 2006
    Call Directv installation support at 1-888-355-7530
    they can give you the number for the local company.

6. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    Actually, I called the main number (-5000) and used the word, "installation" and it brought an automated rescheduling option. Believe it or not, it worked. Within five minutes the reschedule showed up online. Cool beans.

7. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Do NOT schedule two identical orders on the same day. One of DirecTV's programs will identify this as being duplicate orders, assume that a CSR made a mistake and cancel one of the orders.

This happened to me when a CSR intentionally scheduled two installations of HD DVR's for me on the same day using two separate work orders (because the system wouldn't allow her to create a single order for two HD DVR's).

The night before the installation, I discovered that one of the two work orders had been canceled. Since you already changed this, you should go back and see if you can change it back before one of the orders gets canceled.

or270 had the best advice for you. If you call DirecTV, there are two things that they can do for you. The first thing is that they can make a note on the work order for the appointment of the 25th that indicates that there is a second work order for the same customer on the 30th. The second thing that they can do is to give you the phone number of the installation company in your area.

Then, after a day or two, you should call the installation company and let them know that there are two work orders for your house and ask if they can combine them. They will likely do so because they will still get paid for two work orders, even though they only have to make one trip to your house.

8. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    This seems a little unaccommodating. The whole function of the customer retention department is typically to give something away. Then this is hardware, they usually conduct this (not always) as a charge+credit that zeros out the balance. And if the customer wishes something beyond this an additional order is needed to separate the charges.

Anyway, the two original orders created for me by retentions had the exact same date/time-slot until I canceled one in favor of a new order. While I could not using the online means to correlate the orders installation, their telephone system had no problem with this, and is reflected as such when I go online.

Of course, I am 'hoping' the installation company will call ahead of time so I can FYI them on multiple orders, but without knowing who the installation company is (their identity and contact info I do not have).

9. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    Since the 29th of December, the customer retention department has asked that when the installation company called ahead of the install appointment to make them aware of two related orders.

While I thought that this was strange in that they should have had the means to do that through the order invoice to the installation company, I agreed to let the installer/installation company know.

Since I did not have any contact information for the installation company, I figured the installation company would call a day or two ahead of install, but they didn't. In fact, the installer called me from just outside my subdivision.

Well, this installer only had one order. I presented both orders to him while he stood in the driveway. He called his dispatcher and they were oblivious of the second order [number]. This installer did not had a second HD DVR, no m/s, and worse of all no 5-LNB dish. :nono2:

And if that don't beat all, the dispatcher tells the installer to apologize to me and to go onto his next appointment. And that is exactly what he did. I've been trying to get a human at DirecTV this morning, but failing terribly. I have sent an email to their customer service in a vain attempt to find out what to do next.

So much for taking the day off.

10. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    Second installer calls me for the second order. Not aware of first order and no idea who came out to my home this morning. He said he had the order to add an HD DVR but this second order had no dish to be installed.

This second individual did identify himself as working for Mastech (sp) in Atlanta, but said many, many contractors and contracting companies all work out of the same hardware warehouse.

Anyway, the second installer said he would have his dispatcher call me, but wouldn't even attempt to come out. LOL. I joked that I had the number to his dispatcher, and said, "1-800-Com-cast" and he just chuckled--and acknowledged my frustration.

Still not getting a human at D*.

11. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Legend

Dec 29, 2007
    NE Atlanta...
    Ok, so the second installer came out and ... installed two HD-DVRs. According to the DirecTV automated email I just got, they are the HR21-200 models. The second installer installed the new m/s and Slimline 5-LNB dish.

I chose to make it easy on him and simply unplugged the two SD DVRs, re-using all existing QS RG6 cabling, and go from there. Both receivers are downloading updates right now.

I'm off to the doctor's and will see what I can make out of these new toys when I get back. Been sick 21 days and this morning was just a little too overwhelming. I hope this installer get's credit for both installs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.