1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost for upgrading a 612 to 622/722...

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by MenacingLlama, Oct 12, 2011.

1. MenacingLlama

MenacingLlama New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to Dish Network (coming over from Time Warner Cable), and have been browsing the forums for a couple of weeks -- however, I can't seem to find an answer to my question regarding the cost of upgrading a 612 to a 622/722. Here's my question:

My service started on 9/30/2011, and I have a 722k as my primary receiver, and a 612 as my secondary, and I would like to upgrade the 612 to a 622/722 in order to have picture-in-picture capabilities for sporting events. I chatted online with a support rep this morning, and he stated that I'd have to pay an additional $100, plus $17 more for the upgrade, as well as have a technician come to my house. Is this accurate? Seems like a bit of a crock to me if so...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

(And yes, I did post a similarly-worded, yet unrelated question in the General area -- same rep gave me two answers that didn't sound right)

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I would be happy to assist you. Each situation is different so I can't give you the exact options available without looking at your account. Would you provide your account information to me in a PM so I can review your options. Thanks.

3. MenacingLlama

MenacingLlama New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Certainly, will be sending a PM in just a minute.

4. slickshoes

slickshoes Legend

Sep 20, 2009
    Southern...
    Hang tight just a while longer, Xip series receivers will hopefully be coming sooner than later..

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Don't hold your breath - it will be just one model XiP813, perhaps we will see it next year - so far, no one get solid info about it, its guts, time frame, etc.