1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost of DVR service? if I switch package....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by beachlover, Aug 21, 2010.

1. beachlover

beachlover Mentor

Feb 27, 2010
    I have the Choice Extra which includes DVR service.....if I go to Choice Ultimate, I get nice extra channels, but the DVR service is no longer included....anyone know how much extra I'd have to pay to keep it? and this change, will it affect commitment time?

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    DVR service is $7/mo as an add on.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    There is no new commitment for changing packages or services such as HD or DVR.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    There are a couple of things that can create or extend a commitment:

1. Upgrading or adding equipment.

2. Accepting certain promotional discounts (including Mover's Connection).

Watch out for anything that has fine print like "other conditions apply".

Has anyone confirmed whether or not WHDS comes with a 24 month commitment?

5. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    If you are on the PLUS DVR service the moving to the choice ultimate will be actuallly $8 more for you but if you have seperate service line items for the chioce extra & dvr services then it will be $7 more

6. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    This is incorrect, sir :p. A Mover's Connection order with NO NEW EQUIPMENT (other then what they had at their old address) does not extend a contract. Only new leased receivers, or upgraded receivers will extend a commitment. Simply moving does not.

Also, in response to your WHDS question: per D*:

A new 2 year service agreement applies for advanced receiver swaps, 12 month for standard receiver swaps, and NO service agreement if no new receivers ordered or swapped.
    (For additional clarity... if you swap a non compatible D11 for a D12 SWM compatible.. that would be a 'swap')

7. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    :nono::nono::nono: Stay in the Dish Network forum, since that's the service you have and you continue to give false information regarding Direct TV.

Mover's Connection does not create or extend a commitment. Commitments come from upgrading or adding equipment. If you do that during a move then YES you would have a new commitment but it has NOTHING to do with Mover's Connection.

Care to enlighten us on any other promotional discounts you THINK would create or extend a commitment?:rolleyes:

8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Are you absolutely certain???
    Admittedly, DIRECTV's terms and conditions are decidedly vague and often at odds with their practice.

9. HerntDawg

HerntDawg Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Oregon
    nuff said.

Being a Consumer for a long time, I understand.

10. flaguy

flaguy AllStar

Apr 10, 2008
    There is a 1-year commitment if a new dish is installed. I know. I got that commitment when I had mover's connection for a vacation home.

11. narcolept

narcolept Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    I don't believe this follows the spirit of "mover's connection", though.

Sounds like "adding a dish at a location i occasionally go to while leaving one at my main location connection".

12. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    I wouldn't consider adding a dish to a vacation home a 'normal' mover's connection. Mover's connection is when you MOVE from one location to a new location. They may have given you a free install by using this notation but, as I mentioned earlier, a 'real' mover's connection will not extend your commitment.

13. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    :nono2::nono2:Why do you continue to post FALSE information. If you are going to quote the T&C from Direct TV, copy the ENTIRE quote....stop taking things out of context to suit your needs.

Here is the entire T&C quote....notice it says EQUIPMENT UPGRADE OFFER.:rolleyes: As stated above, that is what triggers the new commitment, NOT the mover's connection.

{EQUIPMENT UPGRADE OFFER: Free to qualifying customers only. Customer must pay a $19.95 delivery and handling fee per order. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors. Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months for Standard Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers (HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package (priced at $29.99/mo. or above), or any international service bundle (lease required, must maintain DVR service and/or HD Access). Lease fee of $5/mo. for second and each additional receiver. DIRECTV System has a feature, which restricts access to channels. To remain eligible, DIRECTV account must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease.}