1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cote De Pablo quits NCIS

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by retirednavy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. retirednavy

retirednavy New Member

Apr 16, 2013
    oklahoma
  2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    It would have been nice if the article had given a reason and or tell us where she is going now.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
  4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    may not be known. From all the stories I have sene on this topic, none of them give any detail other than it was her decision.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As one article noted:

"I have to say, I’m astonished de Pablo is returning to wrap up her storyline. When it comes to these procedural type shows, when an actor decides not to renew their contract and depart, they usually take off into the night, leaving their character to suddenly disappear. It’s then up to other characters to explain the person’s absence. It’s not a preferred way to write someone out so I’m pleased de Pablo is opting to give the writers a chance to properly send her off."

That's good enough for me, as I had a fit when they killed off Sasha Alexander's character agent Caitlin Todd in the May 24, 2005, episode. That September we first saw Ziva in connection with the search for the shooter.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Death by lead poisoning seems to be the preferred method for writing off a character on this show. Caitlin Todd, Jenny Shepard, Mike Franks, and Eli David made their exits in a hail of gunfire.

7. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Maybe things will play out with Diva and Tony finnaly consimating their relationship. They could show Divas demise from STD complication that spurs from one of Tony past trists... :rolling:

8. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How about Ziva converts and marries Tony and retires to be a stay at home mother.

9. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    In the show, doesn't she actually have a boyfriend from her homeland ? Maybe they get together and he takes her away.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'd like to see the character go home to Israel ... or perhaps take a stateside job with Israel. Killing her off would be rude.

This is a good time in the story to leave ... the consequences over last season's story arc leading to Ziva wanting to get away from NCIS and settle down. Having her around as Tony's lover would be wrong (and would change his character). And keeping her alive would allow the show to use the character again in the future as a guest star role.

11. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    I predict she returns to Israel to take a position with the Mossad.

12. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    A idea I suppose, but she is now a US citizen, and has revoked her Israeli citizenship. Would they trust her?

13. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Had she not been returning at all, I would go with that. However, with her appearing in a couple of episodes I'm thinking that something/someone from her past will catch up with her and force her to go into hiding.

14. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Take your pick......A. Ziva dies of lead poisoning......B. It is revealed by Ducky that Ziva is terminally ill......C. Gibbs tells everyone that Ziva is trapped "Under the Dome".

15. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Just read on Yahoo the show's producers have stated they won't be killing off Ziva for her swan song. Her exit will be a two part episode to be aired at the end of September and they're hoping the explanation of her leaving will please the fans.

16. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    In other words - Ziva is offered and accepts the lead investigator position at NCIS: Grays Lake

17. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    My bet is that she either goes home to Israel to head up the Mossad (and, BTW, any Jew that sets foot in Israel is automatically entitled to be a citizen even if they have never been there before) and can thus show up in a episode every year or so. Or, in a semi-lift from current events, it is revealed that she has been a spy or leaker for this or that country or group all along and either goes to the slam or on the lamb to Russia or Botswana or wherever.

The question is how quickly do they get a new girl agent on board and who might it be?

18. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
  19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The start date is listed as mid-October, which puts the newbie’s arrival around January or February.

Prior to that, the show will “rotate some fun people” through the agency’s doors. “The first two episodes are all about Ziva’s departure,” EP Gary Glasberg recently told TVLine. “And then in the third episode we introduce, for instance, a woman in her 50s who is a few days away from retirement and just needs to fill the desk time. She, in theory, knew Gibbs all the way back to the days of Mike Franks. So we’re going to bring in people like that and have some fun with different characters. And then, hopefully, when people are comfortable enough, one will walk in and be The One.”
    Sounds like dating ... they don't want the permanent "new Ziva" to appear until the audience has had some rebound characters. :)

20. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    How about Sonya from The Bridges.