1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could a DIRT rep. please give info on AMC situation?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by joyandjerry, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joyandjerry

joyandjerry AllStar

Jul 3, 2012
    :) Hi, and thanks in advance for your help. Realzing that you are as "informed" as Dish wants you to be, would you be able to tell us if Dish is still negotiating with AMC/IFC et. al?

Are theses stations "permanently" lost, or is there still hope? We have been very satisfied customers (with all the premium stations) for eight years, but these stations (esp. AMC) are extremely important to us. I plan on waiting a few weeks, as I don't want to switch in a "panic". Does Dish realize if the viewers miss the premieres of Breaking Bad and Hell On Wheels that there will be a mass exodus?

Our computer is at work, so we cannot stream at home. Also, we have the sat TV to watch, not to pay for another service for the stations we like.

We do not want to switch but will if necessary. Any info (or "rays of hope" - pun intended, Ray!) would be appreciated.

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    We are open to a creative proposal from AMC Networks that would resolve this situation, but at this point it looks like the channels will be down permanently. This is the current information I have available. Thanks.

3. levibluewa

levibluewa Icon

Aug 13, 2005
    WA, OR, CA
    if DISH is promoting ROKU as an alternative I wouldn't hold your breath. And, is it worth $80+ (Directv) a month for 1 channel...when you'd lose all these HD channels:

BBC AMERICA
    BLOOMBERG
    CENTRIC
    COOKING
    DIY (DO IT YOURSELF)
    EPIX 1
    EPIX 2
    EPIX 3
    G4
    GALAVISION
    GAME SHOW NETWORK
    H2
    HISTORY iNTERNATIONAL
    HLN (HEADLINE NEWS NETWORK)
    INDIEPLEX
    INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY
    LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK
    LOGO
    MAV TV
    NAT GEO WILD
    NFL RED ZONE
    OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK
    PIXL
    RETROPLEX
    RFD TV
    SPORTSMAN
    STYLE
    TCM (TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES)
    THE HUB
    VERIA

4. joyandjerry

joyandjerry AllStar

Jul 3, 2012
    Thanks, Ray, for the speedy response. DIsh cust service has always been excellent. It willbe a tough chice to switch, as we do want BBC in HD occas, but don't get EPIX. Overall, Dish is a better "bargain", as cable is nearly 50% more!!

DirecTV is having so many promos now that we would save a lot on our bills for a while. With the exception of the premiums, almost all of our programming is on AMC.

I hope the parties involved can meet in the middle, somehow. Seeing posters (on any forum!) trash talk any provider doesn't seem appropriate to me, so I appreciate your patience.

5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    That's why when I dropped Dish I went to cable. I kept most of the channels listed and gained several other HD channels like the Disney/ABC channels, IFC, ESPNU, Fuse, Outdoor, Oxygen, Smithsonian, TVLand, WE, Wealth and several premiums. Plus I gained all my local sub-channels like This!, MeTV, local weather and a couple of PBS's. U-verse is a good option for many too.

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    On this site on MAY4th the first news articles were posted that DISH would drop AMC, 2 months plus and customers are still posting "is DISH dropping AMC"? How dense can some people be? DISH is giving credits to subscribe to AMC services on other sources. They have already calculated the cost of dropping AMC VS a new contract and concluded that dropping was less costly.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.