1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of Points...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Hotscot, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Hotscot

Hotscot Legend

Sep 25, 2008
    1. I'm returning an R15 that I haven't used in three years, since I went HD.
    In practice they send me a box, I send it back.
    Any gotchas to look out for?
    (Can anyone remind me what the remote control looked like..I meed to send that back also..)

2. I had NFL Sunday ticket last year. Cancelled it January 2010. Still shows under my services, with a zero fee..been told it's not on Auto Renew. My point is why is it still there? Worried that regardless of what I've been told it will somehow renew.
    I've called five times and each time the agent apologizes and assures me it will disappear from my services but a month later it still shows.

Agents can never give me any confirmation # or email or reference to what we talk about.

2. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    Make sure you keep track of the FedEx tracking number...

3. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    You might try sending an email through their web site to customer service. Even if it doesn't change anything, you will have written proof that you tried to cancel, and they said you were not renewing. If they try to charge you, that could be important to have in writing.

4. NaperDan

NaperDan Legend

Jun 8, 2009
    Also they may not even want the R15 back from you.

5. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA

Check channel 112 and see if it says "you're authorized to view this channel". If so then it's still on, if not then you should be ok. Have you been charged your first monthly installment for this year?

6. fornold

fornold Legend

Sep 4, 2006
    I sent an R15 back last week. So they still want them back.

7. DishCSR

DishCSR Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    It is still there, when you call in, make sure the csr removes the "auto renew" line item, (it's a seperate step they must take to remove the auto renew and most csrs do not know to take this extra step), most csrs will just remove the subscription part, and not the extra line item "auto renew". As long as it shows up as a zero line item on your bill, it's still there.