1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covert Affairs on USA

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Finally got around to watching the two Covert Affairs episodes that have aired so far. Not bad, IMHO. It's the story of a promising young CIA agent who gets yanked out of training school for an assignment because she happens to be fluent in Russian. They apparently like her so much, she's permanently assigned to Langley.

I say "apparently", because is that the real reason she's been called to DC? :)

While each episode appears to stand on it's own (so far), try to watch the Pilot first, if you can. Not the end of the world if you don't, tho. Looks like the first two episodes are available on DirecTV VOD, as well as being re-aired on USA today, Monday and Tuesday, 7/27.

2. broeddog

broeddog AllStar

Sep 11, 2009
    I agree, enjoyed both episodes and she is not a bad looker either.

3. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Yeah.. Piper Peraboo (Coyote Ugly) is easy on the eyes AND she can also act. I am enjoying this show.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I think she looks better now than when she was in Coyote Ugly.

Good show so far too. Christopher Gorham plays a great blind guy!

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Mrs. Fluffybear and I both have come to really like this show. It is one of the few shows I can think of that Mrs. Fluffybear (herself) actually created a Season Pass for.

6. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Both episodes pretty good. Better than I thought they'd be. I wonder if the blind guy is really blind cause he sure doesn't act it. He gets around quite well - too well/easy if you ask me.

7. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    I really liked the first episode(haven't gotten round to the second one yet), shows a lot of promise...

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It's on my must watch list ..

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    No, I don't believe he is.

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I'm a bit late to the thread, but what is the primary day/time for the program?

tia

11. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Tuesday at 10pm.

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    My thoughts as well... but I wondered if it was a limitation of the actor in the role OR subtle hints that blindness is part of his "cover".

13. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I believe he is carrying a hand held radar device that acts as his "eyes". It is what looks like a stub of a cane he carries around all the time. Remember he is the resident geek and tech guru.

14. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    I suspect it's a limitation of the actor. I believe he'll(the actor) get better over time. Not that any show is realistic, but to "fake" being blind in real life would be very difficult, I would think. I'm still not sure how much I like the show. I would have thought a little more suspense regarding her skills would have been better. Now I know she can do anything(like James Bond).

15. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Any show with Kari Matchett is okay with me.

[​IMG]

16. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Unless it's a recent affliction, he's not blind. If anyone watched Ugly Betty and can recall Betty's boyfriend at work, Henry, the accountant, he's that guy.

17. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Actually this show has quite a cast:

Piper Peraboo
    Kari Matchett: of "Invasion"
    Christopher Gorham: of "Ugly Betty" and "Jake 2.0"
    Anne Dudeck: of "House" and "Big Love"
    Peter Gallagher: of, well, way too many to mention

18. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Don't forget Sendhil Ramamurthy, a.k.a. Heroes Dr. Mohinder Suresh. :)

19. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Christopher Gorham is definitely not blind and he's a pretty good actor. So I'm waiting for more about the blindness.

We became really aware of him as the star of "Jake 2.0" though he was in all 19 episodes of "Odyssey 5." In addition to his stint on "Ugly Betty," he was in all 20 episodes of "Medical Investigation" and played the central character in all 21 episodes of "Out of Practice" with Henry Winkler, Stockard Channing, Ty Burrell, Paula Marshall and Jenifer Tilly. Unfortunately for him, except for "Ugly Betty" all those shows were one-season-wonders.

And yeah, this show has a strong cast.

20. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I first noticed Christopher Gorham in Odyssey 5 Sadly the shows he's on don't take off but he's definitely a great actor. Hopefully this one will live more than a handful of episodes. It's almost like casting him is the kiss of death ....