1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

COZI TV and ME-TV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sd72667, Jul 28, 2014.

1. sd72667

sd72667 AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    When will DirecTV add COZI TV and ME-TV? I didn't see an "Add channels anticipation" thread. DISH has Cozi part of their programming. DirecTV has some of the most worthless channels in their 300-399 lineup it's hilarious. Why do we need 2 Weather networks on 361 and 362? That's like having 2 CBS networks showing the exact programming. Let's add another PBS while you're at it.

2. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    These type of channels are usually only added as a sub channel of an existing station. So... don't expect them to appear on D*. It's the reason I have 4 HR20s (with OTA tuners) and 2 AM21s on the other ones. You will more than likely need to put up and antenna and add an AM21 OTA tuner to your receiver. It is how I have to get METV, Create PBS, Mynetwork and a couple of others.

3. sd72667

sd72667 AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    I do have an antenna next to my DirecTV dish, but the problem is ME-TV's signal is weak here in Southern Indiana and factoring in trees and my neighbors trees, it's almost impossible to get a signal. DirectTV has that awful RFDTV, World Harvest TV and a few other unwatchable networks. Add Cozi-TV and or ME-TV and move them next to TV Land and advertise its location, they'll have more viewers than Insp, Harvest, and RFDTV(sounds like what the Andy Griffith Show used to be called) combined.

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Dish doesn't have Cozi, another channel Dish carries called FETV made a deal with Cozi to carry some of their programming during the day.

As for subchannels, don't hold your breath. The only time DirecTV carries subchannels is in markets where the subchannel is the local affiliate of a network, select PBS stations and Alaska and Hawaii where both satellite providers are required to carry them because those states were long neglected.

Since many subchannels have deals where the local affiliate has exclusive rights and they get to sell most of the advertising, very few of them make themselves available directly to cable and satellite providers.

1 person likes this.
  5. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I have ME-TV as one of my locals.

6. CraigerM

CraigerM Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    Doesn't UVerseTV have a separate METV channel? If so maybe DTV will get if the merger is approved? I like ME since it has a lot of classic TV shows, like ADAM-12 and Emergency.

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Satellite?

8. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's only in select markets, mostly ones that don't have an OTA affiliate.

Some markets including NYC have a MeTV affiliate that's on the main feed. In NYC its currently on WZME 43, but it will be moving in the very near future to KVNV 3 a station that used an old FCC loophole to move from Nevada to New Jersey (and by New Jersey they mean the 4 Times Square tower). They plan to use must carry so DirecTV will be picking them up.

9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I have no OTA. It is WZME

10. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I also have MeTV also as sat locals here as WWME Ch 23

but also like to get Me-too,U-too and Bounce TV, all subchannels to WCIU-TV Ch26 Main Channel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

11. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    I'm watching ME-TV right now on KVME channel 20 in Los Angeles.

12. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    Having both Weather Nation and The Weather Channel is more like having both CNN and FOX news. One could just as easily ask why we need METV when we already have TV Land.

1 person likes this.
  13. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    U-too HD

14. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Is there even U-too in HD? The only one i've seen is CH 26-2 as a subchannel to The U

15. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    Indeed there is a U-too in HD. Channel 48-1 (real channel 32) 48-2 is Touchvision.

16. DJZack

DJZack New Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I'd love to have Cozi and U Too

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

17. DJZack

DJZack New Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

18. ep1974

ep1974 Legend

May 22, 2010
    ME-TV, KVOS 12 has been available in our area (Pacific Northwest) for the last year or so. Hope DT adds it in other markets as well.

19. wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack Cool Member

Jan 25, 2008
    antenna tv is also very good.I have it free on nimble tv.I would love to have both on Directv

20. WB4CS

WB4CS New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    This was so well said, it was worth quoting. :)

1 person likes this.