1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crappy CSR service

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gvatty, Sep 25, 2013.

1. gvatty

gvatty AllStar

Sep 21, 2006
    I called Directv yesterday regarding bill. They didn't give me my $10 free HD access credit. Talked to the CSR for 20 minutes. He said it would show up next month and he didn't want to give me a credit for this month's bill. He finally agreed and agreed to credit me the $10 and told me I had 12 more months of the credit left. He made me wait an additional 5 minutes while he wrote notes on the activity log.

Guess what? Today no credit showed up. I called Directv again. The CSR told me my free HD access credit had expired and their were no notes in the activity log from yesterday's call. I hate it when people lie. I am a longtime subscriber. Premiere for at least 11 years, 3 sports packages every year, protection plan, etc. I have 1 year left on my commitment because I used the mover plan last year. I cancelled my sports programs and downgraded to Ultimate. He didn't care he just changed my plan. I'll cancel next year.

I despise the quality of CSR's Directv is now using. My bill used to be over $200 per month. I cut it almost in half. I might even downgrade further,

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    CSRs are a luck of the draw. Always ask for their name and ID number. Less mischief that way.

3. gvatty

gvatty AllStar

Sep 21, 2006
    Their quality has deteriorated a lot over the years. I got two bad ones in a row. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Notice that too in my last bill. I immediately called to cancel paperless & ebilling. Got the HD credit back, Plus more for the next year.

Hate this dance step we must do every year, but it's their ballroom.

5. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I would ask to speak to retention. I think that's what it's called. If that doesn't work I've found it works to shoot an email to the office of the president. Like previously stated CSRs are a luck of the draw. Always get a name and ID number. If you've been a loyal subscriber and a good bill payer the office of the president will help you get a fair deal. It especially helps when your about out of your contract.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Really think so? I always thought it was terrible. I also thought the Protection Plan was a safe haven where CSRs knew what they were talking about. That's really gone downhill.

Rich

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Retention seems to be the last place you can talk to a knowledgeable CSR.

Rich

8. gvatty

gvatty AllStar

Sep 21, 2006
    At least in the past they seemed to try to make a customer happy. They used to be afraid that you would cancel service or lower your programming package.