1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Crazy Recorded Program Problem

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by brucegrr, Jan 23, 2014.

1. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Tonight, my wife and I are watching Justified, which I recorded earlier in the night. About 2/3rd's of the way through the program, the Kentucky-Texas A&M basketball game came on. Keep in mind we are still watching the recording of Justified. I pushed the info button and it said we were watching Justified but what was playing was the game which was broadcast earlier on ESPN. I had a WTF moment, stopped the program, and started it over. When it came to the same spot the recording changed to the basketball game.

Any suggestions as to how this could have happened? How can two different programs, each on a different channel, end up in the same recording? Justified is set as a series timer. I have never had anything like this happen before. We have the Hopper, the latest version.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    "You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land who's boundaries are that of imagination - Next stop - the Twilight Zone!".

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    We watched Justified last night. I didn't see any issue with the recording. Looks like you are in the Twilight zone.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Bizzare. Luckily they repeat it often. No one should ever screw with that show. ;)

5. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    I guess my bigger question is how this could happen technology wise? How did the Hopper combine two video streams into one recording?

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I had the same thing happen last Thursday night.

Right in the middle of Mysteries at the Museum on my HWS, the recording had switched to the KellyFile on FOX News, so it switched from The Travel Channel (196) to Fox News (205) about 20 minutes into the recording.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    What time are these things happening?

I ask because... in the uplink reports there have been some moving/shuffling around of transponders a couple of different late nights... and I wonder if you had a recording in progress during one of those shuffles, if this isn't the kind of problem you might see as a result?

8. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    What software are you guys on? Have you had any signal issues?

9. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    No signal issues, software version s330.

Since the last update, I have had several problems with the Hopper. Two examples:

If I go to my recordings and click the PTA folder it is always empty. I have to click one of the menus and choose any of the options and then the folder populates. This happens every time.

If I am watching a program that has auto hop enabled and I forget and hit skip as it auto hops, I lose the video. The sound still works. I have to stop the program and start watching it again. This is an infrequent problem.

The merged recording issue only happened one time. I can not fathom how, technology wise, this happened.

Bruce

10. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I record Mysteries at the Museum at 8:00pm Thursday night, the program changed to The Kelly File on Fox News about 8:20pm.