1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a Video DVD Compilation disc

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Chris Blount, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Does anyone have a process for creating a compilation disc for DVD's like you do with CD music discs? I have some personally owned DVD's that I would like to backup but only want portions of certain discs.

Okay try to follow me here. I have seen a program called DVD to AVI which converts a VOB file to an AVI. Then with the AVI, I can edit it down to what I want extracted, convert it back to MPEG 2 and then burn it back to a DVD as a VOB.

This seems like a big hassle so does anyone have a simpler method? Thanks!

2. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Supposedly, the VOB file can be renamed to MPG and edited via an edit program and then that stuff saved via whatever editor you use.

I use DVDCutter Stream at www.jummpa.com, it will read the VOB files directly off the DVD and allow you to save segments to several different CODECs. And it will handle Macrovision if you register.