1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Series recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dmtalon, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Mentor

Nov 9, 2007
    Long time Tivo'er just received my HR20-100 Friday. Quick question.

I added most of our "Season passes" to the new DVR, and I noticed that even though the recordings were reruns they recorded anyway. Is this a guide data problem, or if you setup a series with a rerun, does it automatically record that rerun that you found when searching?

I hope that makes sense.

Example: I want to record Mythbusters every week. So, Menu, Search for programs, Title. M Y T H B U S -> select Mythbusters, chose record series and set the defaults to First runs, keep 5 blah blah...

Now, if that Mythbusters that i found in the guide is a rerun will it be recorded regardless of the series settings because i used THAT episode to start the series, or is it crappy guide data thats having my new series record reruns?

TIA

2. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Ding! Ding! Ding!
    The part in bold is correct.

3. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Mentor

Nov 9, 2007
    Good... I was hoping that was the case!! That feels like a bug to me though :)

4. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    It will always record the episode you set it up with... after that is will follow rules to the best of the guide data..
    By the way that's how I have mythbusters set to record and when they have new episodes they just show up in my list..

5. Special Ed

Special Ed Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    Ahhh... this explains why reruns are recording for me. I just set up about 20 series passes and have been seeing some reruns being recorded. Since, only reruns existed last week for most shows, I had to set up most series passes using reruns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.