1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Criminal Minds

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve Mehs, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Nov 8, 2007 #1 of 14
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Is it just me or is this simply one of the best shows on TV. It takes a different direction then most crime dramas. I absolutely love how they delve so deep into the human psyche and explore some of the most dark crimes imaginable. The actors fit the parts really well, the writing is top notch and more often than not I get into the show emotionally.

Best episode ever, North Mammon. Three high school girl best friends get kidnapped and locked in a celler, they will be released at any time, but one must die, they have to chose amongst themselves who dies. When the two hammers or picks or whenever they were fell from the top, my blood went cold. Seeing the two girls get out of the car covered in blankets and blood, I turned into an icicle. Between the twist at the end and the awesome visual imagery I was in awe. Finally a show that reflects real life, happy endings very rarely happen.

Criminal Minds and Jericho are the only two shows I DVR that I absolutely must watch as soon as possible.

2. Nov 8, 2007 #2 of 14
    Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I agree it is a great show. I did not watch it at first so I had to catch up by getting season one sent from Netflix but I am glad I did.

The only thing is I am not sure if I am sold on the new guy yet.

3. Nov 8, 2007 #3 of 14
    raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    It is an excellent show. It should be interesting to see how the show changes with Joe Mantegna in it. They are painting him to be pretty dark.

4. Nov 8, 2007 #4 of 14
    redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    They added someone new? that must be on an episode I haven't seen yet.

I do miss Manny Patinkin. he was the reason I started watching it. It's been okay so far without him, but if they introduce someone new, I'll have to re-evaluate the show again.

5. Nov 8, 2007 #5 of 14
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Yep, Joe Mantegna, his first episode was last week.

6. Nov 8, 2007 #6 of 14
    bk63ross

bk63ross Mentor

Nov 10, 2004
    Yeah I dont feel Joe M. is that good in picking up where Mandy P. left off. I keep trying to think of who would be a better fit for the rest of the cast. They all worked well together. Just not seeing it now w/Joe. One guy that comes to mind for a better replacement is James Gandolfini aka Sopranos... What do you guys think?

7. Nov 8, 2007 #7 of 14
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm watching last nights Criminal Minds now, paused currently. Every time Joe talks I see Fat Tony. I guess he really didn't have to change his voice much for The Simpson's.

8. Nov 8, 2007 #8 of 14
    photostudent

photostudent Godfather

Nov 8, 2007
    I am a big fan of the show as well. For the type of subject, it does not try to just gross the viewer out like the CSIs. I think Joe M. is a poor man's Manny Patinkin tho. Experts are not in agreement on profiling however as the descriptions tend to be too general to be useful. But the FBI did nail Richard Jewell with profiling.

9. Nov 8, 2007 #9 of 14
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    So does anyone know why he really left the show?

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    That's what he does. It's his SOP.

11. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Jason Gideon=Rube Sofer

12. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Mandy is a great actor.. with an extremely low threshold for boredom. He did this to Les Moonves once before on Chicago Hope and I would say it is unlikely that Moonves will let it happen again.

Mandy is also notorious for being "unliked" by cast mates.

Watch.. he will next show up on broadway... his first love... the man may be a twit, but he has one hell of a voice.

13. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Mandy is great. He's an asset (for the viewers at least) to any show he's on. He left Chicago Hope, it soon was cancelled. I can only think the same might happen with Criminal Minds. I watched my first Joe M. episode tonight, and everytime he talked, all I could think of was Fat Tony. My wife agreed.

Mandy was superb in "the princess bride". He is a great vocalist as well. I also loved him on Dead Like Me (was the main reason I watched that show).

for whatever reason he left CM, I wish him the best and I hope to see him again. Even if his castmates don't like and and he may be a twit, he can make an entire production.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die

14. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Wow…this past weeks episode was just…wow. Another bone chilling ending. This is now my second favorite episode. The exchange near the end.

Fr. Marks, “You are not alone my son, God is in all of us”
    Floyd, “So is Tracy Lambert”
    Like photostudent said, Criminal Minds doesn’t use the blood and gore CSI does (I am a huge fan of blood and gore, but I’m just sayin’) the writers use psychological terror to intensify each episode. Which intern is the reason why I feel this is the best series on TV right now. As for the end, I’m disappointed, this is the oldest trick in the book. Everyone should have seen that coming.