1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Crossing Lines

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Like the idea. But I suspect any criminal that cross European borders wouldn't stop at Europe.

2. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    From Ed Bernero, who has had inexplicable success with the ever-more-horrible-and-unwatchable-each-season Criminal Minds. It's that show, gone international, but the crimes are thankfully less distasteful, at least so far (Ed could learn a thing or two from Bryan Fuller and how he cleverly brought the lowest urges of humanity to the screen with black humor and great interest in Hannibal).

This is not a spoiler [stop reading if you think it might be] since it is mentioned in the pilot episode description, but the team member leaving the group at the end was the most promising character of the bunch (and that isn't saying much). It is also not a spoiler because they telegraph it like its coming down the middle of Broadway. This is a worn and tattered old chestnut that was used in the pilot of CSI: Crime Scene Investigators well over a decade ago, and it was probably completely derivative then. Plus, the execution of that event here was completely a plot-manipulated drive by. Pretty hacky.

The inclusion of Donald Sutherland earns it one more chance from me.

3. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    It was OK, the international accents make it tough to follow dialog sometimes, but CC helps there :grin: One funny thing my wife picked up on was at the very beginning, the NY cop is struggling with his Right hand injury(while assembling gun) then he is shown with the Left hand Gloved as if it is the injured hand(picking up trash scene) then back to the Right as the "bad" hand throughout the rest of the show........OOPS! :bang

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I liked it, but I'm a sucker for crime dramas.

5. Jul 2, 2013 #5 of 12
    tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    As I do like William Fichtner and Donald Sutherland I decided to check it out. After two eps I'm not blown away but I'll probably keep watching unless it gets unbearable. I don't see a long life for this show anyway, it's hard to believe that such a Eurocentric show will play well.

6. Jul 2, 2013 #6 of 12
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It was OK, the international accents make it tough to follow dialog sometimes, but CC helps there :grin: One funny thing my wife picked up on was at the very beginning, the NY cop is struggling with his Right hand injury(while assembling gun) then he is shown with the Left hand Gloved as if it is the injured hand(picking up trash scene) then back to the Right as the "bad" hand throughout the rest of the show........OOPS! :bang

Yeah, I picked up on that. I went back just to make sure I saw that right as I figured they wouldn't make that big of a mistake.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

7. Jul 2, 2013 #7 of 12
    Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I watched all 3 hours so far. Not bad for summer fare, IMO.

8. Jul 3, 2013 #8 of 12
    Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I liked it as well. The holograph machine is pretty cool. It was sad that they killed of the pretty Brit. I actually enjoyed her more than the other two women.

9. Jul 5, 2013 #9 of 12
    seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    A worthy summer program while we wait for the regular scripted shows to return.

10. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I continue to find this show well-done. Of the TV series Donald Sutherland has been in - and in this one he really is more of a supporting actor - "Crossing Lines" could have survived a few regular seasons in the CBS procedural lineup IMHO.

11. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I am waiting for tonight's show to be recorded before watching last weeks, since it is part 1 of 2 and I like to try and watch multipart shows back to back. The one several weeks ago with the truckers using couples with children was chilling and very interesting to watch.

12. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Sharon,

This past one went by way too fast! I couldn't believe it was already over when it was!