1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise Questions

Discussion in 'The OT' started by lotboy16, Feb 17, 2012.

1. lotboy16

lotboy16 AllStar

Apr 26, 2009
    So i know its been like forever since i posted in here really havnt had time with my new job and all but i have a question for all my dbstalkers out there. We leave for our first cruise in a week and our first time in san diego also. So suggestions for what to do on the ship and in SD would be great!

2. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    What cruise line are you taking? This makes a difference for me. We took our first cruise last year on Disney Cruises. It was by far and away, the best vacation I have ever taken. Since we took our, just then, 4 year old and 8 year old, we focused on character interactions and meeting times on the ship. (We left out of Port Canaveral in Florida, so sorry, I have only been to San Diego for work, and never got out and about). This next time (yes, we loved it so much, we booked our next cruise before even leaving the ship) we will focus shows, and some Mr. and Mrs. Smiddy time. :) There are so many activities, you can not do them all in one trip, to be sure. All ports of call have different activities too, which is more than one can do in a day too. You should be able to plan your days ahead of time, if you so desire, which is what we did, but it is likely just as fun to wake up, and figure it out as you feel like that morning.

Have a great time regardless! I'm sure you will make it a grand adventure however you do it! :)

3. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Do you know what you are going to want to do on the cruise? Do you or your wife like the spa treatments? Do you plan on taking an excursions in the ports? If yes, and you have no already done so, the first thing you will need to do when you board is go book these. Otherwise you might get shut out. I know it fun to walk around the ship and see everything, but while you are doing that, others are booking limited slots in these activities.