1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI decisions

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by seern, May 13, 2012.

1. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I just read on on TVGuide web site that the New York show will get a 9th season, but we won't be getting any more of the Caruso one liners as CSI Miami has been canned. So we will find out how that season ending show on NY with Mac Taylor getting shot changes/or no how he interacts with his fellow CSI's.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
  3. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    COOL!!!

~Alan

4. Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth Administrator Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 6, 2007
    Alabaster, AL
    I'm shocked and so glad at the same time. I quit watching Miami years ago because it just became so ridiculous. I'm still a big fan of the NY and original version(even with all the character changes) though. I really expected this to go the other way. Glad I was wrong.

5. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I am with you for not watching CSI Miami for the last 2 years. I have to say that those one line sun glass moments of Cane were too much after a while.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I quit watching CSI:Miami a couple of episodes into Season 1 when they had mountains in the background and found a body on the side of a large hill. Not quite Miami folks...

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Way to go, Lt. Dan! :joy:

8. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Amazing how a lot of us feel the same way. Thanks CBS!

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    could not have said this any better!

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Personally I won't miss it. I'm sick of Hollywood cloning and franchising.

11. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Does that mean you won't watch the NCIS LA shows too?

Maybe it is time for one of the networks to be brave and try a 1/2 hour or 1 hour long Western series again?

12. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    While my wife enjoys NCIS LA I never have. What would be nice is for the networks to be brave and return to variety instead of cloning and franchising.

13. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Would be nice if one of the networks were brave enough and try to come up with something new rather than cloning successful franchises and ripping off old classics.

14. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    NCIS: LA has a different feel than NCIS, and often deals with different types of cases...

The CSI shows have even more of a different feel... NY is far more straight forward than the original, and goodness knows that Miami devolved into pure soap opera camp...

CSI: Boise however is a complete rip-off of "Lost" though... ;)

~Alan

15. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I really like "Hawaii Five-O"...

I'm just hoping "The Rockford Files" never sees the light of day... at least as long as Vince Vaughn is attached anyway... :rolleyes:

~Alan

16. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Maybe they should have combined the two shows, called it CSI: East Coast and filmed it in western Canada... ;)

17. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Or in the LA.In CSI Miami on a few occasions in the backround you saw the Queen Mary & the bubble !

18. keith_benedict

keith_benedict Godfather

Jan 11, 2007
  19. keith_benedict

keith_benedict Godfather

Jan 11, 2007
    We watch the original religiously. We so wanted to like CSI:NY, but couldn't continue watching after they found the one rat in NY that just happened to ingest a bullet that killed a victim. Gimme a break.

20. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Just about the entire show is filmed in the LA area with the exception of a couple of exterior scenes. Always gave me a laugh how the CSI Miami HQ is some 3000 miles away in Hawthorne California and last I remember was a credit union.

You might be able to get away making someone think the Queen Mary is a a cruise ship if shot from a great distance but that dome is a dead giveaway in my book.