1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI Miami. The worst ever?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Richard King, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Amazing how bad the "acting" can get on this show. Additionally, in the opening scene where they flashed back to 1997 Eric was driving at least two different tow trucks with two different lighting setups. At least now we know who to blame for the sunglasses.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I recorded but haven't watched it yet. Now I'm thinking I should just delete -- or mebbe watch just to see how bad it is.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I watch this show, but have never understood why anyone else does.

I watch it mainly for background while I'm working from home during the day or occasionally when I'm surfing the net at night. It's not a show I pay any particular attention to. That being said, I can't for the life of me figure out why David Carusso still has a job. He's like a cartoon character on that show. He's gotta be the most annoying character on TV, but yet they still keep bringing him back. If he left, I might start paying attention and watching it more seriously. I'm positive they've lost viewers over the years just due to his bad over the top acting. Amazing that nobody at the network sees that.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I have nothing bad to say about Mr. Caruso.

5. Ric

Ric Godfather DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 26, 2002
    Thanks for posting. I was about to give the show another chance after giving up last season on the horrendous acting and production. Guess I will keep giving up on this....

6. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Ahh... You've never seen him act??

:lol: :p

7. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    As Maxwell Smart once said .. "Missed it by THAT much!"

(Stuart knows what I'm talking about)

8. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Callie and Delko should just get a room !

9. jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354 Icon

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta
    I kind of thought it was cool where they showed the Miami skyline then deconstructed buildings back to the way it looked in 1997.

I do think Mr. Caruso is not that great of an actor. It's very forced and unrealistic.

I do like the other characters though. I don't think any real lab has the technology they show, but it's cool to watch. I think they tend use a yellow/orange tint to alot of the scenes, which is odd.

I think it does pretty well in the ratings some people are obviously watching it :)

10. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I gave up on the CSIs during the writers strike. And, at that point, I considered CSI: Miami the weakest of the three franchises.

I would go mad using their UI on their computer systems. Flashing up each and every fingerprint actually SLOWS DOWN the search, and expanding/contracting "Match found" gives me a headache.

11. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    I really think he's actually a good actor. Having seen him in other things, and in real life, the character of Horatio seems to be the contrivance, not his acting.

12. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I've seen him in other shows before CSI: Miami and never could stand his acting "abilities".

13. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    This is a cartoon with real life actors. Take it for what it is, eye candy.

I like the show for the campiness and the beautiful photography.

I think Mr. Caruso is a good actor and he is playing Horatio perfectly.

Horatio is a character that can't do wrong, selfless, hardworking, loves children, women love him, dedicated family man, always have the right kip, trusted friend, a scientist, a bad ass and a great shot. That's right OVER THE TOP. LOL. And that's how he plays him, over the top.

14. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Caruso's "acting" reminds me of Jon Lovitz's "Master Thespian" character on Saturday Night Live. Contrived and way over the top.

15. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas

If Horatio is supposed to be someone that makes people puke as soon as he appears on the screen, then Caruso just might be the greatest actor ever.

16. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Won't call it 'the worst ever' but it was sure close to it.. not sure if anything could equal last year's Season Premiere.

The one thing I discovered with this episode was Calleigh was just as stupid back then.

Remind me, isn't this the third time Delko has been near death?

17. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Don't spoil it for me. This series is in my recordings for "possible season shifting" grouped with the comedies.:D

18. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Caruso got permanantly imprinted in my grey matter as a sleezeball when I saw him in "Crime Story".

19. JJJBBB

JJJBBB Godfather

May 26, 2007
    Why is the pavement always wet wherever they go despite the sunny weather? Why is the pavement not wet 50 feet from the scene? Why is the sky always orange? Why is...

20. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    In Miami, wet pavement is caused by the slick acting on CSI. The sky is orange because it has to match Caruso's hair.