1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSN PHILLY

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by steelerfanmike, Mar 7, 2013.

1. steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike Legend

Jun 18, 2007
    NJ/PA border
    Well the NHL network channel(215) is blacked out again. I guess I'm suppose to watch it on the CSN philly which Directv don't carry. None of the teams that are playing is my local teams... So what gives????? I live in northern NJ my locals teams are all the NY teams. The game I'm trying to watch is Philly vs pittsburgh Either one is my local. I put channel 659 on for the hex of it and same message...... Channel is blacked out. SORRY a channel where it is viewable has not been found. Only happens when the flyers are on!!!

PLEASE fix this csn philly thing already!!!!!!

I DO HAVE CENTER ICE (this is a NHL channel problem)

2. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    NHL Network is known to be more restrictive with their blackouts, applying the blackout to a larger area than normal. You are probably a victim of this, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. DirecTV certainly can do nothing, as they must black out the channel where NHLN tells them to.

The sad part is, even if DirecTV carried CSN Philly, there's a good chance that channel would also be blacked out because you aren't in the Flyers' territory either.

3. steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike Legend

Jun 18, 2007
    NJ/PA border
    thanks for the reply..... its a shame I pay for center ice also, and still can't watch all the games

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I think he is. Looks like cable systems carry CSN Philly in his area.

Mike, you are in harmony near the penna state line around Easton?

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I live near Lancaster, PA which is an area that Comcrap claims. Roots Sports Pittsburgh also claims my area, so NHL Network blackouts are a common issue around here although I expected NHL Network to be blacked out last week when the Rangers-Flyers played, but NHL Network wasn't blacked out that time. Go figure.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Lancaster is funny. Near Philly but in its own market with Harrisburg and York. The OP is near Easton, if I got his location right and ABE is actually part of the Philly market.

7. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    The NHLN has A larger blackout radius than the Center Ice channels.
    If this game was on CI today,I would have gotten the game.
    The Flyers have NO claim on my zipcode.I wish this channel did NOT exist !!!
    So many people get screwed over by them with their blackouts.!