1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSR Friendliness works

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by acostapimps, Jan 25, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    One thing I've learn is to be really friendly and have off-topic conversation if you have to with CSR's to get good discounts and credits, You can start with how is the weather over at so and so and or tell some sobbing or exciting stories if you like LOL, that's how I got a great discount of Sunday Ticket and bill credits, being loud,rude or obnoxious gets you nowhere but a hangup or maybe escalated to a supervisor at least.

2. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    +1

I think that's true in just about all areas of life. Very good message!

3. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Yep, it's true with every interaction in life, which I try to live by if possible.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Excellent point!

5. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    It's all about attitude and empathy. Some people get it and some people never will.

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Yep, the ole' "Kill'em with Kindness" strategy has worked many times for me as well over the years.

Also being a non-stop customer since '95 doesn't hurt either. ;)

7. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Yes, it's a shame that some folks prefer to treat them with so little respect and courtesy.

8. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Just imagine if you had signed in '94!!!! :)

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Yes this is true but SOMETIMES its very hard!!

Like with the cable company FORCING EVERYONE TO NAVIGATOR.. Complete trash/garbage .. I havent watched cable TV since they put this crap on the boxs,ITS HORRIBLE!!!! (Slow/ugly,etc)

Maybe i should try your technique and see if they will put SARA back on my IRD?? (That would be excellent)

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It may be horrible (I haven't seen it), but what I always keep in mind, that's not the CSR's fault. They have no control over that, or a vote.

I think the chance of getting them to put the old system back is about as high as getting DirecTV to put the old GUI back.