1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSR just stated CBS-HD leaving 61.5

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dcarpa, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcarpa

dcarpa Cool Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Can anyone confirm this - a phone call to a CSR today checked with his "department" during a call about a 2nd dish for 61.5 - he stated that I could still install it but it wont be needed in a month since CBS-HD was "definately" moving off of 61.5 to 110. Is this true?

2. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    No. All other HD programming is "moving". But so far CBS HD isn't.

See ya
    Tony

3. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    maybe will be moving too then :D

4. dcarpa

dcarpa Cool Member

Dec 20, 2003
    I had heard that the other HD programming would be moving (or the mirrors just dropped), but after clarifying with the rep he stated again that not only are the premium channels moving but the CBS source would be also.

It couldnt be that this CSR had absolutely no idea what he was talking about - it would seem odd that Dish would hire anybody but the top notch applicants....sorry, had to

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Could be Charlie isn't going to renew the CBS contract now that DirecTV will be offering CBSHD.

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    With negotiations going on CBSHD could disappear period. There is no indication that CBS HD will be moved. There is plenty of indication that the HBOHD, ShowtimeHD and Events HD will be dropped from 61.5 and 148.

7. taft

taft Registered User

Jan 8, 2004
    After looking at the dishchannelchart.com channel chart it shows both east and west coast feeds of CBSHD and the HDTV demo channel mirrored on 105. This could mean that these channels will show up on 105 in the near future. That would be nasty for people who have locals on 121 and also subscribe to CBSHD. If this is the case, those people who have 61.5 dishes have another waste of dish network hardware just like the model 5000/HDMod receiver. That is unless you like international programming or have some side locals on 61.5

8. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, all of the existing HDs on the side slots were mirrored at 105. When they found that AMC 2 won't do full conus with adequate signal, they moved 4 of the channels from 105 to 110. So, any activation of HD at 105 seems unlikely until AMC 15 is launched and in operation there.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If it is important they may mirror them on 121.

JL

10. mattyro

mattyro Legend

Nov 26, 2002
    Is this a conspiracy or what?? Last nite I fell off my chair when I saw that COMCAST had added CBS+ABC to complement the NBC it already had. So after living without CBS for 2 years you mean to tell me my 2 HD provisers (DISH+COMCAST) are gonna add cbs within one week of each other?? I guess when it rains it poors!!!!

11. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Why would you say DISH is going to add CBS HD? They have had it for over a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.