1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CSR Said I Am Hoarding Equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by adamson, Jul 8, 2014.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    I called tech support about connecting my old wired interenet adapter to my neighbors HR24, wanted to be sure on the placement (by power inserter or not). Got the proper instructions.

Next I was told by my neighbor the two output splitter I gave him was mia, so I called Direct tech support to see if I could obtain one from them. Explained my neighbor needed one to connect my old adapter. He stated "oh so your hoarding equipment" in a serious manner. No I cannot get a splitter from Directv, and he had me on the phone typing who knows what for another five minutes. I ordered a splitter after all this from Solid Signal.

Spoke to retention to report this csr, and they will take care of it. Really Im hoarding? Was I to return the adapter?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Nope, the CCK is your to keep, hover DirecTV® never sends out "support hardware" such as splitters, switches, LNB, dishes. The only occasion a splitter is send is the one packaged with the GenieGo2

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Not sure why the accused of "hoarding", but DirecTV never sends out things like splitters for self-installers.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Perhaps you misheard?! Perhaps he was trying to be humorous?

So, how many receivers do you have! :)

5. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    Equipment I have is a HR44, 2 C41W's, and one H24 in case of failure of the first three. That's it.

My post is not to rant on and on, just calling Directv's CSR out for stupidity and disrespect. Im not perfect either and at a personal level I need an attitude adjustment also. Bad week period so Im owly.

6. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I have way more equipment then that.

I have 4 owned.
    HR20-700 , H23-600, C31 - 700 , R15
    4 LEASED
    HR34 - 700 , HR24 - 500 HR23 - 700 , H25 - 100