1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSTV for ND-Air Force game

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Matt Beachy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Matt Beachy

Matt Beachy Mentor

Jun 15, 2006
    It's my understanding that CSTV is making this weekend a free preview, but it's up to the cable or satellite companies to pass on the preview. Does anyone know if Dish is going to have CSTV available to all customers this weekend or will it only be available if you subscribe to a package it's included in?

2. Deke Leonard

Deke Leonard Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    My understanding after reading an article in today's Indianapolis Star, that the game is the being offered to cable companies only for free. Comcast is the only cable company picking it up in the Indianapolis area. The way I figure it is that if you have a CSTV subscripition on Dish or Direct TV you should be able get it on the regular CSTV broadcast. For FTAers CSTV has it's backhauls on AMC 2 and SBS 6 in the 4:2:2 format. That's what I will be looking for. GO IRISH!!!!!!

3. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    I believe e* owns or owned a piece of CSTV...only time will tell

4. Deke Leonard

Deke Leonard Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Don't quote me on this but it seems to me that I read on their web site that CSTV was owned by CBS.

5. cyclone27

cyclone27 AllStar

Feb 1, 2006

You're correct.
    On the CSTV website, they are referred to as "a CBS Company."

6. Matt Beachy

Matt Beachy Mentor

Jun 15, 2006
    Checked at noon and the CSTV free preview has started for Dish Network customers.