1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Curious about several channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by booboo, Aug 13, 2014.

1. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was wondering if anyone had information on the ESPN deal to add SEC Network. If it will be done before the end of the month. Also when will be able to see HD for Reelz and American Heros Channel. How I have my personal guide set up there are only 2 or 3 channels still in standard definition. I think the other is MTV2. It seems that with the lineup almost all HD it wouldn't be to hard to switch these 3 over to HD. I know I don't understand how this works but to me it seems to be very simple. Thanks in advance for any information.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    The SEC deal is already done. Try using the search function and you will find plenty of information on it.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    SEC is a done deal.

This is one post, there are more in the thread.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/204939-sec-network/?p=3280222

As for the others, it can be more complex, based on current contracts etc as well as satellite space, and frankly if DirecTV thinks enough viewers want it. Consider GSN, which DirecTV owns 42%. Only in SD.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Information on deals is almost never available until the deal is done. Since DIRECTV's existing agreement doesn't end until January first, it is anybody's guess when the whole shebang will be signed but again, information WILL NOT be available until after it is signed.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Of course to us users is very simple, all we need to do is flip the channel :rotfl:

6. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks for the information everyone. And lol yea I know we think it's just turn the channel and that's it.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

7. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Reelz and MTV2 have a majority of there On Demand content available in HD.