1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious email from XM

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by scott72, Feb 27, 2009.

1. scott72

scott72 Icon

Feb 17, 2008
    Got this emailed to me today. I wonder what it's all about.

[​IMG]

For some reason the image won't post. Anyhow it says "Something big is coming", then the banner ad says "Find out next week why XM makes more sense then ever."

2. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    That is a curious email! Too bad we can't see it. :D

3. Chop69

Chop69 Legend

Aug 11, 2007
    The image in the email is broken into 3 parts, but here its the important stuff

Attached Files:

4. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    I got it to.[​IMG] Here is the picture.

5. ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad AllStar

May 12, 2006
    What are the 3 ways of listening? Through a receiver, over the internet....what's the 3rd? all I can think of is Sat TV (Directv & Dish).

Unless this is just pure hype for a last-ditch effort to remind people of the offers that expire on March 11.

6. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    That's what I thought when I received it...

7. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    :lol: I don't ever even remember signing up for a newsletter from them and I have never subscribed to Sirius or XM. Their sending out mysterious letters to random people,now that's desperate.

8. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I haven't been a sub in over 6 months and I get their junk mail and email about every week or so.

9. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    :lol: I am a sub and I DIDN'T get the email! I figure it did have something to do with money and since I'm already a lifetime sub I wouldn't be one of the people to get the email.

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    If it's about a 1 week sale, couldn't it be 1.) car receiver 2.) home receiver 3.) portable receiver?

11. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Could be I guess? When I first went down in this thread the picture hadn't come up so I didn't see it. The picture explains more than ever why I didn't get the email--note it says "Sirius" not "Sirius XM". And I'm an XM lifetime sub. These companies are about as merged as bacon and eggs--sure you can eat them together, but they aren't the same food :rolleyes:

12. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    My email definitely said XM... and I was an XM subscriber.

More discussion about it here: http://xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?p=1547323

13. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks :) And sorry I got the wrong idea from the picture that was posted--apparently it is both Sirius and XM that is sending it :blush: But I still didn't get one so I'm sure it is about money and they know I'm an XM lifetime sub.

14. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Yeah it's probably a campaign to get non-subs to pony up some cash. I'll listen to what they have to say but from the comments I've been seeing about programming changes it's not likely.

15. ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad AllStar

May 12, 2006
    Giving credit to a poster with the ID of BSK51301 at xmfan.com.....this appears to be what the email is in pertains to (unless I'm missing something, I don't see much in the way of a good deal with these):

Offers
    Day 1: Home Solution
    Scheduled to launch Monday, March 2nd
    • Grace Internet Radio + Stratus 5 @ $199
    • Stratus 5 requires a minimum 3-month subscription at the time of purchase. There is
    also a 6-month commitment with a $50 ETF.
    • Grace Internet Radio requires a Premium SIRIUS Internet Radio Subscription @
    $2.99/month.
    • We will promote this offer to both SIRIUS and XM Prospects alike.

Day 2: Portable (w/ home/car solution)
    Scheduled to launch Wednesday, March 4th
    • Stiletto 2 @ $269.99 + Free Home/Vehicle Kit or XMP3 @ $239.99 + Vehicle Kit
    • Stiletto 2 requires a minimum 3-month subscription at the time of purchase. There is
    • XMP3 requires a minimum 3-month subscription at the time of purchase. There is also a
    12-month commitment with a $75 ETF.

Day 3: Plug n Play
    Scheduled to launch Friday, March 6th
    • Xpress R/ Starmate 5 @ $79.99 (Save $50)
    • Starmate 5 requires a minimum 3-month subscription at the time of purchase. There is
    • Xpress R requires a minimum 3-month subscription at the time of purchase. There is
    also a 12-month commitment with a $75 ETF.

16. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Oh good, commitments and ETFs. Cause that's gonna want to make me subscribe. I don't get it - why the ETFs? Doesn't look like they're providing any equipment discounts here. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, nonetheless.

17. ThunderRoad

ThunderRoad AllStar

May 12, 2006
    Makes me wonder if they didn't re-possess stuff from Circuit City (considering those stores are about to close), and this is a way for them to try and unload the stuff.

18. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I can't believe how much XM hardware is going for nowadays!!

I've been an XM sub for almost 4 years now and I got a Ski-Fi2 with CD boombox and car kit for $89 at Sam's Club. I also got a Roady XT for $30. These were good quality Delphi units with really nice features (and they are still working great!)

Now you get some kind of Express EZ or whatever that looks like it will be lucky to last 6 months with no features for $100!! What gives??