1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CW and My Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by brykc14, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 8, 2006 #1 of 35
    brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    Has anyone heard if Directv will carry the CW and My Network yet. I really hope its not going to be another repeat of WB and UPN.

2. Mar 8, 2006 #2 of 35
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    ummm if they carry the affliates for upn and wb chances are they will carry the 2 new networks...local channels arent changing just the network affliations

3. Mar 8, 2006 #3 of 35
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Yea, and many are Fox owned and operated so I'd bet significantly those will be up the day the switch takes place.

4. Mar 8, 2006 #4 of 35
    brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    I was talking about National Feed for the folks who still dont have locals.

5. Mar 8, 2006 #5 of 35
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    D* carries a "sorta national " feed for wb in markets without a wb affliate... most believe that feed will become CW..Sine D* and MYTV are owned by the same company i wouldnt be suprised if they have a similar"national" deal

6. Mar 9, 2006 #6 of 35
    mr_mark_taylor

mr_mark_taylor Mentor

Nov 20, 2005

The CW, from what I've read, will continue the WB100+ (or whatever it's called) feed, the cable only channel thats in most of the medium-smaller markets. As for my TV we'll see if there is a national feed......

7. Mar 9, 2006 #7 of 35
    FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

I don't have locals available over the satellite nor do I receive one over the air. Does that mean I will be eligible to receive the "sorta national" feed?

8. Mar 9, 2006 #8 of 35
    KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Most likely not, as the national feed is in only available in the local packages for the select markets that don't have an OTA WB Affiliate.

9. Mar 9, 2006 #9 of 35
    bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
  10. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004

Thanks bj

11. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The "sorta" WB feed is only for people who do have locals but not WB. So, many of us are out of luck because we don't have locals. I'm hoping that when CW launches this situation will change. Maybe, CW will be considered a "real" network and we can get it via the waiver process like we have for the four major nets.

My workaround is to subscribe to Dish's Superstation pack.

12. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

That totally sucks. I don't understand how the laws can take away priveleges from people just because of where they live. I live in Nowheresville, Middle-Of-Nowhere, and because ONE local station wants way too much money we can't have locals on D*. Not only that, but we don't have an OTA WB, UPN, or Ind. network. So if I want to watch the networks then the outside antenna will get me PBS, NBC, CBS, and ABC, all of which are subject to massive interference. But if I lived in a market where they are offered on D* I could get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, WB, UPN, and maybe a few more for 3 bucks more.

13. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The law takes away nothing from anyone. The laws make it illegal to sell something when the owner doesn't want to sell it. It is just that simple. I the owners of the CW want to sell the network feed directly, they are free to do so. Same goes for ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or any other network. Telemundo, Univision, Telefutura, Azteca and the former Pax ("i") networks all allow their network signal to be sold directly. So if you want to get mad at some one, get mad at the CW.

See ya
    Tony

14. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Yeah, I think my wording may have been inaccurate (all except for the "that totally sucks" part). It just would be nice for once for someone to offer something to me that is offered in a larger city. The "living in the middle of nowhere" thing grows old after a while.

15. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm just hoping that when September comes around (I'm in no hurry:)) that The CW will have an acceptable OTA signal. Then I can dump Dish's Superstation pack. Right now our WB is cable only (I don't have cable) and UPN is carried on a subchannel of our Fox affiliate. It will be interesting to see what happens this fall.

16. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    I believe that when CW launches in September, DirecTV will continue its current practice of including either the Miami or San Diego stations (currently WB, both to become CW) in local packages where there is no CW affiliate.

As a NEWS Corp, owned venture, there is no reason that DirecTV would not also carry MNTV in some manner, probably either the NY and LA stations likewise include in smaller market locals, or a simple "feed" of the channel.

17. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    That doesn't do me any good because we don't yet have locals. :( You have to have locals but unserved by WB to get the regional version.

DirecTV needs to offer a DNS version for those without locals.

18. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    It'll hae a mixture of WB & UPN shows. So don't jump for joy. Personally I've just watched The Steve Harvey Show & Niki from WB.

19. laceyd

laceyd Cool Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Right now, D* viewers get WGN Superstation out of Chicago (Ch. 309 I think). I see that WGN is on the list of stations changing over - does that mean we will get a 'national' feed of the new CW Network? Or will WGN get blacked out to those of us that have local CW stations?

20. LMckin

LMckin Godfather

Jan 5, 2006

That would be the Local WGN Station and not the Superstation WGN like the Local WGN is the WB Affilate.

wgn tv local is http://wgntv.trb.com/

WGN Superstation http://wgnsuperstation.trb.com/

Directv carry the WGN Superstation on channel 309

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.