1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-10 Program Guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 69isgood, Mar 19, 2010.

1. 69isgood

69isgood Cool Member

Mar 8, 2010
    We have had D-10's (owned) for years without any trouble. During our recent move, one died. So we decided to "upgrade" to a R-16 SD w/DVR. Like it so far and have noticed the channels we don't get are grayed out. Yes, no surprise to most of you, but we have been content with what we have had.

We really like this grayed out feature, and wondered if it is possible with a software update on our D-10's??

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That feature should be on the D10's. You probably have selected to view Channels I Receive on the R16, while you probably are viewing All Channels on the D10. Check your Channel Filter (Yellow button while in Guide) to verify your setup.

Be advised though that the Channels I Receive feature does not work correctly so it could very well still display channels that you don't receive.

- Merg

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The Merg is right. The "grayed out" channels in the guide feature and the "channels I get" feature (which displays all channels that AREN'T grayed out) has been "under construction" for some time now by DirecTV.

As of today, it pretty closely resembles the channels you actually do get in your package but it's far from 100% accurate. If the channel is grayed out, you definitely DO NOT get it, but if it ISN'T grayed out, that doesn't necessarily mean you DO get it in your package.

4. 69isgood

69isgood Cool Member

Mar 8, 2010
    GOT IT. Thanks, wiil try looking at my set up.